Chapter 27 I got you to smile, didn't I?

Edited**

Slytherin had absolutely crushed them. No one really knew what had happened, but Charlie didn't take it too good. Heck, none of them did, but if you'd have to choose, you'd say that the keeper, Olivier Wood, was the one who took it the worst as he had stayed behind.

After the match, the whole team had spent over an hour before any of them left the changing room, and when they finally did, they were all moping around while Slytherin was celebrating their victory. You could understand them in a way, since some Slytherins could be quite the bad winners at times, but you also found them to be ridiculous. You had been sitting next to Charlie in the common room for maybe thirty minutes now while trying to get him on other thoughts.

"No one blames you Charlie! You had a bad day, it could have happened to anyone!" You tried but didn't feel like it was helping as he kept on moping. Exhaling loudly you threw your arms in the air. "This is ridiculous!" You exclaimed as you got up from the sofa, finally getting him to look up. "Get up!" Charlie looked at you weirdly.

"(Y/n), I don't-" But you didn't want to hear it.

"I said get up!" You must have looked angry as you said it because Charlie did get up. "Now, follow me." You said, then turned around and walked out of the common room, Charlie quietly following after.

You weren't angry at him, far from it, but when being nice hadn't worked these past thirty minutes you changed to being strict instead, which so far seemed to work.

Walking down the stairs you had walked maybe one thousand times before, you lead him to the bridge at the back of the castle. Stopping halfway, you then looked out at the view, being very careful not to look down.

"Why have you brought me out here?" Charlie walked to stand next to you as he leaned himself on the railing.

"I don't know, you needed to get out of that room, and this was the first place I could think of." Neither of you said anything after that.

You stood there for about five minutes while keeping your distance to the railing, until Charlie chuckled.

"What's so funny?"

"You're not going to fall, if that's what you're scared of." He turned around and looked at you.

"What are you talking about?" Now it was your turn to give him a strange look.

"Well, you are standing as far away from the railing as possible." He gave you a light smile and gestured for you to come closer. "You can stand close to me, if you're afraid of falling."

"Ha ha." You gave him an unamused look but went to stand next to him either way, and he went to wrap his arm around you and pulled you closer.

"Sorry for being an arse back there." You looked up at him but let him keep talking. "I guess you were right about me needing to get out."

"Of course, I'm always right." He gave you a look, but didn't argue about it, instead pulling you even closer to him.

You stood there in a comfortable silence, until you broke it.

"Are you scared?"

"Erm... no? I don't really have a fear of heights so-" But you cut him off.

"No, sorry, I should have worded myself better... I was talking about graduating..." You said and Charlie finally understood what you were talking about.

"Oh, sorry..." He blushed slightly. "No, I can't say I am. I have kind of been looking forward to graduating since before I got to Hogwarts, not that I haven't enjoyed my years here! Cause I have, but I have also really been looking forward to Romania." He ended his explanation and looked at the view again, but then quickly turned his gaze you again. "Why? Are you scared?" He gave you a concerned look.