Chapter 13 I don't think you're going to like this...

Edited**

Ok, so this chapter ended up a bit darker than I intended, and I'm sorry about that! Please forgive me!

_________________________________________

Christmas was right around the corner. You had spent most of your days in the hospital wing with Madame Pomfrey and Chiara, trying to find a cure for the petrified students, but so far you hadn't been successful.

You did find it a bit scary that students were getting petrified, and no one knew why, but you also wanted to help, so help it was! You had heard that mandrakes usually cured someone that was petrified, but this wasn't usual petrification. This was a curse and after some weeks of searching you had a feeling the only thing that would help was to actually break the curse.

The curse-breaker, Thalia Greenwood, often came to the hospital wing to look at the students, but you didn't talk to her. Chiara and Pomfrey could do that. You still didn't feel comfortable around her and tried your best to ignore her. It wasn't that you didn't like her, she seemed like a nice enough girl, but it was the fact that she was so close with Charlie.

You huffed out loudly when you thought about him, which you seemed to be doing a lot lately. F*cking Charlie... you put down a phial a little too harshly making it break, and you panicked.

'Sorry! I'll clean it up right away!' You called over to Madame Pomfrey and hurriedly cleaned it up with a spell. You felt her give you a look behind your back, but she didn't say anything, which you were grateful for. You went to replace the phial you broke when someone entered the hospital wing.

It turned out to be Barnaby Lee, a Slytherin in your year who had a habit of walking into walls. You had seen him surprisingly many times this year and had a feeling this wasn't the last time, though you didn't mind him. He was always kind to you, in his own weird way. You didn't hear why he came to the hospital wing today, but Pomfrey gave him a bed he could rest in for a little while.

Not thinking much about it you went to the backroom and found a new phial of what you had broken, which was a pepper up potion, something you actually could need right now.

You walked around for a bit, trying to sort a few of the phials when you heard someone whisper-shout your name.

'Pssst (Y/n)!' Barnaby said as you walked past him. It seemed like he didn't want Madame Pomfrey to hear him, but he did a horrible job at it as she looked over at him but choose not to care.

'Do you need something, Barnaby?' You went over to him and stood by his bed.

'No, not really, I was just asked to ask you how you feel.' He looked a little bit confused by his words. 'How do you feel?' He looked even more confused as he asked, and you could tell he didn't understand why he had to ask you at all.

'What do you mean? I feel ok?' You too didn't really know how to answer the question. Truth to be told, you didn't feel ok. You felt horrible, but you didn't want to burden Barnaby with that.

'That's good? Well I feel much better now, so I think I'll leave!' That seemed suspicious.

'Did you really come all the way over here just to ask me how I feel?' You had to smile a little. 'Who told you to ask me?'

'Oh, Charlie Weasley did. ... maybe I shouldn't have told you that?' He looked confused again.

So Charlie did still care about you...

You said goodbye to Barnaby and went back to what you were doing before he interrupted you. Huh, he cares about you... You exhaled again as you put down the last phial. Maybe you should talk to him? It did seem like Charlie's too afraid to talk to you first, so you should probably do it. Yeah! You'll find him later and talk to him! You looked around and tried to find something more to do, suddenly feeling a lot better.