Chapter 51 I do

July the 2nd 1998

Two months had passed since the battle at Hogwarts. It was still a bit difficult to believe that actually happened, that it's all over, and that you were finaly standing here in a white dress, getting ready to walk down the aisle.

If you were honest, then yes, you were nervous.

A ton of thoughts ran trough your head at the same time. Was this right? To get married so soon after so many had died? It wasn't that long since you burried Fred, and Alex, and Tonks, Remus, and everyone else that died. The wounds were still fresh, but then again, maybe this was exactly what people needed?

You looked at yourself in the floor-lenghted mirror inside your old bedroom in your parent's house. Yes, the house still belonged to you, as you didn't have the heart to sell it. You didn't really have that many memories in this house, but it was the last thing you had from your parents, and you were pretty sure they didn't mind you using it for your own wedding.

It kind of made the illusion that they were here with you.

The wedding itself would find place outside, in the back garden, as it was huge and filled with beautiful bushes, flowers and trees. Yes it had becomed a little bit overgrown over the years, but you had magic on your side, and quickly got rid of that problem. The same went for the rest of the house too, which had gone form possibly abandoned to shining new.

There was a sudden knock on the door, and Ginny peeked her head in, stopping your train of thoughts.

'Hey (name), I was told to check up on you!' She brightly said, but stopped in her traks as she looked at you.

'Is there something wrong? Do I look ridiculous?' You asked as you were starting to get a bit uncertain from her staring.

'Oh no! Quite the opposite! You look stunning!' Ginny quickly said, adding a smile at the end. 'Your friends really did a good job!' You smiled at her.

Your friends.

Connie had turned up about a month ago, she had lost a lot of weight during her months hiding in the woods, but overall she was fine, though when she heard about your wedding she immediatley demanded to be a part of it, not that you would have denied her that, but it was a bit amusing that she thought you would. Moria on the other hand, owled you a while ago too, saying she was returning to England, as she had been staying with some relatives in Japan all this time. She too was exstatic when she heard you were getting married, and accepted the invitation to the wedding even before she got it. Then lastly, Maddie had given you the pleasure of her company, something you had no idea she would, but it did make you happy. So she really did think of you as a friend after all.

'Oh! And I was to tell you everything's ready.' Ginny brought you back once more. 'Do you want me to get someone, or-'

'No, it's fine. I'm almost ready.' You said, and Ginny left the room.

This is it.

You observed yourself again. The long white dress you were wearing looked perfect in your eyes, nothing too much, but just right. Your hair having been carefully styled so that the goblin-made tiara you were wearing wouldn't fall off, the same tiara Fleur was wearing during her own wedding, actually. Charlie's aunt, Muriel, seemed to have found you interesting enough, and she herself sugested you wear it, so how could you say no to that? It was truly beatiful.

You took a few deep breaths, brushed away some unnoticable creases on the skirt of your dress, and left the quietness of the room. Immediatley after you left, you were met with a couple of voices at the bottom of the stairs. You could clearly hear the voice of Connie, who was probably sharing her adventures with Ginny, then, if you listened closely, you could hear Maddie, telling Connie not to share her adventures with every living creature she encounter. You chuckled a bit to yourself, realising just how much you had missed hearing their voices.