Chapter 10 What did you expect?

Edited**

There will be some spoilers from the end of fifth year and the beginning of sixth year ish in this chapter!!

___________________________________________

Of course Charlie was the one knocking on the door and you let him in right away. He told you Percy wouldn't stop asking him about his prefect duties and asked if it was ok if he spent some time in your room, which you of course didn't mind. He saw the books you had spread all over your bed and asked about them.

'Oh! These are some journals my grandmother gave me; they are all in Norwegian though... Do you want to look at them?' You asked him and Charlie being himself, would endure anything as long as it was about dragons. There was one problem though. Charlie couldn't read Norwegian, at all, so you offered to read them together with him, even if you weren't that good either.

You had been reading for maybe three hours now. You both laying on your bed with your shoulders touching, trying to figure out what the book said.

'This would be so much easier with a dictionary!' You huffed out frustrated.

'What's a dicktonairy?' This made you laugh. Of course Charlie didn't know what that was.

'Dic-ti-on-ary... it's a muggle thing, you use it to look up words you don't know or are unsure about in another language.' Charlie still looked kind of clueless but accepted your answer.

You were now looking in one of your grandmother's personal books from her days as a dragonologist. She had translated some of it but didn't take the time to translate everything. Now looking at the little she had about Peruvian Vipertooth's and having a discussion with Charlie.

'She doesn't really have that much about the Peruvian Vipertooth's.' Charlie said with slight disappointment in his voice. You gave him an 'are you serious?' look before you answered.

'Really Charlie? What did you expect? They normally live in hot climates and they eat humans! And it says here that they only had it for a week.'

'I would have gotten a lot more than this in under three days!' Charlie said, making you chuckle and softly push his shoulder.

'You would have gotten eaten in under three days.' He looked at you and pushed your shoulder back.

'Aah, what do you know?' He said and gave you a playful smile.

You looked some more trough the book and you read out what you understood, but soon noticed that Charlie had that distant look on his face again.

'It there something wrong Charlie?' You turned to face him, and he seemed to snap out of whatever trans he was in.

'What? Oh... I guess I never told you...' he answered but got quiet after.

'Go on, I won't judge you.' You gave him an encouraging smile and hoped he would tell you. You couldn't really blame him if he didn't want to... you had kept things from him so...

'Do you remember... no you probably don't, since I didn't tell you... well, last year... it was right after the O.W.L.S if I don't remember wrong...' he stopped talking, so you held his hand to try and make it better. 'I almost died.' Your heart stopped for a second.

'How?' You didn't know what else to say but kept his hand in yours.

'In the cursed vault... Rakepick betrayed us.' You felt a shiver run down your spine and held his hand harder. He didn't look at you, but instead held your hand back. He really? He almost died and you didn't know? You really didn't know what to say. You felt your body tense the more you thought about it and Charlie seemed to notice since he moved a bit closer to you. 'If I had known you would react this badly I wouldn't have told you at all.' Charlie tried to joke, but you didn't find it funny. Not now.