Chapter 17 Have a wonderful summer now!

Edited**

It was the last day of the year, and you were now at the end of the year feast listening to Dumbledors speech. To no one's surprise, Slytherin had won the house cup again like they had done every year before and by now you didn't really care. Winning the house cup didn't really do anything anyway as far as you knew, but Charlie seemed a little disappointed. You could understand it in a way, since Gryffindor hadn't won a single time since you two started at Hogwarts, but oh well... there wasn't anything you could do about it right now.

'Hey... we'll win next year!' You whispered to him, and he gave you a sad smile.

'You say that every year, (Y/n).'

'But this time I'm sure!' You gave him a motivating smile. 'I can feel it!' Well... you couldn't really feel it. Honestly, deep down, you didn't think Gryffindor would win next year either, but you didn't like it when Charlie looked so... sad? Or defeated? The point is you didn't like it and would do anything just to get him in a better mood.

'If you're sure about it, then we'll win!' He gave you a motivating smile back. You knew it wasn't real but didn't say anything about it. You would win! Or at least try... you suddenly didn't feel so sure about it. You turned you attention to Fred and George, who sat a couple of seats away from you, talking about something you couldn't hear and suddenly felt even more unsure. Maybe you could persuade them not to break any rules next year? No... you sighed. Well... one could always hope.

*****

The next day you took the train back to London. Nothing too exciting happened during the ride, except maybe when the trolly lady came and you bought some Bertie Blotts all favoured beans and Charlie got one that tasted like the smell of worn Quidditch robes. That was kind of entertaining, but nothing else out of the ordinary happened.

You and Charlie talked about where you could study dragons and he told you about the reserve in Romania that he almost went to at the beginning of the school year. It did sound like a good idea, as most of the dragon reserves had been closed down and Romania looked like a good bet. There was one reserve in Ireland, but you weren't sure about that one and there was also one in Japan, but yeah... you didn't feel like moving to Japan, so Romania it is!

The train reached its destination, and you were about to leave but waited a bit for Charlie, who was looking for his lost brothers, though he gave up and went through the barrier with you, thinking his brothers would find their way eventually. When you got through you noticed Mrs Weasley right away, together with her youngest children. Fred, George and Percy had also gotten through without Charlie noticing, which calmed his nerves. You looked around for a bit in the crowd to look for your grandmother, but so far you couldn't see her. You walked together with Charlie over to his family, with the hope that maybe Mrs Weasley had seen her.

When you got close enough, Mrs Weasley engulfed her second oldest son in a big hug and went to give you one right after.

'(Y/n)! It's so good to see you again! How are you? I heard about what happened, it must have been so horrible.' She rambled on not really giving you a chance to answer right away.

'It's good to see you too, Mrs Weasley. I'm doing better than one would expect.' You smiled back at her earning a motherly look. You listened to her talk a little bit more before you got the chance to ask.

'I'm sorry, but have you seen my grandmother?' You asked as nicely as you could. You knew she had talked with your grandma before and hoped she knew something about her or had seen her.

'Oh, you mean Ingrid? No, I don't think I have dear.' She looked around just to check for herself. Ingrid... you always seemed to forget that she wasn't named grandma. You looked around together with her and finally saw something recognisable in the crowd.

'(Y/n)!' You heard her Norwegian accent shout trough the noise and you walked over to her. 'I am so sorree I am late!' She engulfed you in a hug when she got close enough and stroked your hair.

'It's ok! You're not that late.' You tried to reassure her, but she still held you close. After a few minutes of reassuring her she finally let go and you got to look at her again. She looked a lot healthier now, having regained her skin colour and not being so thin, which was a huge relief to you.

'Are yu ok (Y/n)? I heard watt happened. It must haff been so horreebole!' She stroked your cheek while looking at you. She must have been truly scared.

'I'm alright. A lot better than one would expect.' You repeated what you had said to Mrs Weasley. Your grandmother gave you a look.

'Yu don't haff tu act brave in front of mee.' She gave you a sad smile and you gave out a breath.

'No, I mean it. I'm all ok.' You smiled at her. She didn't say anything, but instead smiled at you.

'Now, go saee bye tu yur boyfreend.' You huffed out a light he's not my boyfriend, but you grandmother didn't listen and instead pushed you towards the Weasleys. You rolled your eyes but smiled and walked over to them. Charlie saw you and turned around to face you, while you hugged him.

'Have a wonderful summer now.' You said as you hugged him.

'You too.' He answered and hugged you tighter before he let go. You heard Mrs Weasley talking to herself, something like 'are everyone here? Where is Bill? No, he's in Egypt...' then she looked ready to leave.

'Bye then! Remember to write to me!' You said and walked back to where your grandmother was while waving at Charlie and his family.

'You too, remember to write! Bye!' He yelled back and waved. It did seem like he wanted to say something else, but he instead smiled brightly at you and turned to walk with his family. You reached your grandmother and she looked at you.

'Watt? Not even a kiss?' She joked making you blush. You were about to protest when she talked again. 'Yu ready tu go?' You huffed out again and smiled.

'Yes, I'm ready.'

It had been a strange year. It was even stranger to think that the whole year was over. It didn't exactly feel like a year to you, since you were petrified most of it and now you had to spend most of your summer studying what you missed. Yes, Charlie had been a really big help to you, but you had to go over everything again, as you didn't have photographic memory, something you kind of wished you had... it must be nice to remember everything after only seeing it once, but it must also feel like a curse. Imagine remembering EVERY stupid thing you have ever said or done... well... you kind of did remember that already. You thought to yourself some more. This is your last summer while being a student at Hogwarts... and after that it's your last year... you're starting your seventh year in September. Were you ready for that? That's not really a question as you don't have a choice anyway. Well, thanks to Charlie, you felt more prepared than you would without him. It's no wonder why he became Prefect last year as he's always so helpful, or most of the time. You blushed a little while thinking about him. You were going to Romania together after Hogwarts, or you would if you both got in, but you didn't think you wouldn't. You didn't know anyone who knew more about dragons than you two, except for, you know, real dragonologists. Maybe you should try and learn Romanian? That's the language they speak there, right? You were so lost in thought that you hadn't noticed you were back at your grandmother's home.

'I am going tu see eef Odin needs something.' You heard your grandmothers voice as she let go of your arm and walked behind the cabin-like home. You stood there for a bit before you went after her.

'I'll come with you!' You smiled at her and you both walked together. Even though you were reaching the end of Hogwarts, it didn't mean that you wouldn't enjoy every second you had left, because you would, and that was what you were going to do.

Word count 1,505