Chapter 5 He's on his way.

Edited**

Summer had ended and the time to return to Hogwarts came much faster than the year before. You went to Kings-cross station together with the Weasleys which almost gave you a heart attack! You had always been one of the first to reach the train and find a compartment all to yourself, but not this time! You were so late you almost didn't make it in time before the train left, but you had made it! With about one minute left... You went around the train for a few minutes and surprisingly found an empty compartment you and Charlie could sit in (Bill had other things to do on the train and Percy had found some friends he could sit with).

You started out just talking together about everything and nothing. Charlie also showed you his new prefect badge and told you he had gotten it a few days before you came but had simply forgotten to tell you about it. He was also surprised to know that you didn't become the new female prefect, saying you were way smarter than him, but you brushed it of saying it probably was because you lacked friendliness or something.

You were also a bit worried about this year. Would it end up like last year? With Charlie barley having any time for you? Charlie did notice the change in your behaviour and asked about it. It startled you at first, as you didn't realise you were that easy to read but decided for your own health that you would tell him.

'You're scared that I won't have time for you?' Charlie had asked and you could see some guilt in his eyes.

'Well, yeah... you always have so much to do and now you're also a prefect... I'm happy for you, so don't get me wrong! It's just...' you didn't know how to end that sentence. You shook your head and told him to just forget it and went to look out the window instead.

'(Y/N), I promise you that I will always have time for you!' You looked at Charlie and saw him leaning forwards while looking straight at you, making your face redden just a tiny bit.

'Charlie don't make a promise like that! You're going to regret it later!' It did make you happy that he cared so much about you, but you also didn't want him to make a promise you knew he couldn't keep. Charlie didn't listen to your argument.

'I have already made the promise, and I am going to keep it!'

And he did keep his promise, for the first few weeks...

As you predicted, his prefect duties did take much of his already very little free time, but he was really trying to make time for you, which you found to be quite cute. Even when what you did together was studying for your O.W.L.S, it made you happy.

*****

Some time had passed, and it was now November. You found yourself strolling through the halls absent-mindedly when Madame Pomfrey came out of the hospital wing looking really stressed out. You, who had been trying to become more friendly, figured out that the first step was to offer people your help, and so you offered to help Pomfrey, telling her you knew a bit of healing magic. Madame Pomfrey who really needed just a tiny bit of help gladly accepted.

Pomfrey told you that the last Quidditch match had been a bit brutal because of a terrible storm and over half of the players had ended up injured. She gave you the job with checking on the ones that had fallen of their brooms (but not having any visible injuries) and told you to inform her the moment you found something wrong.

There were three people you had to check, one male Slytherin and two Hufflepuffs, checking the female Hufflepuff first since she was the one closest to you. It turned out she was just fine; she had been flying so close to the ground when she fell that she had only scraped her knuckles a little bit. You disinfected the wounds before you used a wound-closing spell your grandmother had taught you and then told her she was free to leave.