Special Reason 2: Cogs of Time Part 1

A/N: Konnichiwa! It's been a long time everyone! I'm sorry for the long hiatus. University had been unforgiving with regards to our school works. It's only now that I was able to update. I hope you'll continue to support BSD: Tainted Future! Enjoy! 

'Say, do you remember that warm cradle?'

'Cradle?'

'Yes, our dear home. Where time doesn't exist. Where the past, present and future coincide. A place where we can rest and not care about the world.'

'I do remember a bright place where I'm lying on a soft nest. I could remember how I would just lay at the edge while I hear the melodies of the wind blow past me.'

'Our dear home. Say—'

"Hinatsuri!"
"Mister Sigma!"

Two pairs of eyes jolted awake from the voices that echoed near their ears. They looked at the source of the voices and grimaced. Hinatsuri gave her brother a deadpan look before throwing the alarm clock at him. Dazai immediately closed the door and asked what he did. She silently activated her ability and chased him away from her. On the other hand, Sigma rubbed his hair in irritation. He glared at his assistant and informed what was wrong. The man shivered in fear and reported that two of the guests in the casino were making a fuss about their money. Sighing, the casino master shooed the worker away and told him that he will deal with them after he fixed himself.

Hinatsuri opened the door to the bathroom and stared at her reflection. That dream she had was no dream at all. It was a distant a memory.

Sigma looked at his vanity and sighed. There were dark circles under his eyes. He needed to cover that. While staring at his reflection, he recalled his dream—no, it was a memory. One of those that he lost long ago.

"We're now on the sides that will determine the fate of ability users." They muttered to themselves. Their words, laced with unfathomable sadness.

7:34 A.M.
Kitchen
Dazai and Hinatsuri

"What did you say!? Did I hear that right? You will be going to London for an exchange program, and will be gone for two weeks at max? Hina, don't leave your brother alone here!" Dazai begged as he hugged his sister tightly. The news did not bide well with him, not when she was going to a country miles away from him. Who knows what kind of creep could suddenly get interested in her and abduct her. She was not defenseless in anyway, he knew that, but he woud still get worried.

"Osamu-nii, it's just two weeks. You don't have to worry about a thing. Plus, I'm sure that Kunikida-san will make you EXTREMELY busy. I will make sure of it." She gave him an irritated while before finishing up their breakfast. Dazai immediately let go and did a dogeza. Hinatsuri sighed and told him that she will contact him every night just to ease his worries away.

The two finished their breakfast and fixed themselves before leaving the apartment to go to work/school. Hinatsuri had no time to visit the Agency due to the exchange program and student council works. Truth to be told, she missed hanging out with Atsushi and Kyouka.

8:13 A.M.
Student Council Room

"Good morning, Oda-san! You're just in time for the last briefing for the exchange program. We're really glad that you agreed to this." The Vice President, Tateyama Aoi, voiced. She gave him a strained smile before listening to the President and their adviser talk about what they needed to bring and be aware of while studying in their sister's school.

Hinatsuri only listened halfway. Her mind drifted to what happened days ago with the virus-ability user particularly the discussion between her and Fyodor. She cringed internally, remembering how harsh he had been with her, but it was to be expected especially with how driven he was to deliver every ability user there is to hell. Deep inside her though, she felt a bit hurt by how it also drove the soul inside him to forget about-