Reason 6: In the Eyes

6:32 P.M.
Apartment
Hinatsuri

It was already night when I reached home. Sa—Dazai-san was still not yet back, so I made my own dinner. I did not know when he will be back. I was worried, but at the same time, it gave me free reign to think of what I have to do from now on. Atsushi was saved from his captor, but that Akutagawa did not mention who wanted to buy him so bad. In the end, the battle ended up with us empty-handed. It made me wonder if he found some useful things out there. Dazai-san would often find information in ways nobody expected it but himself.

"Ability: All Seeing Eyes." I tried to peek into the future, but suddenly, as if rejecting me, a static vision appeared and loud ringing echoed in my ears. I whimpered at the pain and ended it quickly. A strange sensation engulfed me. It was the same one I felt from back then. My heart throbbed loudly against my ears, and I found it difficult to breathe.

"What the hell is happening to me?" I staggered towards the kitchen and grabbed a cold drink. It washed away the painful feeling, leaving me exhausted. The night was still young, but my body refused to listen so I slept in my clothes which consisted of long sleeved top and pants to hide my wounds.

"I wonder if he'll be home today. I'm still scared, but I do miss him." I muttered finally falling asleep.

9:54 P.M.
Apartment
Dazai

Reporting to the director took a little longer than he anticipated. He was finally able to relay the information he gathered from Port Mafia about Atsushi's bounty. He also asked about Hinatsuri's health to which the director urged him to see for himself. Wanting to see the girl, he excused his self and was about to exit the room when Kunikida found him.

"Suicidal maniac. You're back. Don't wander off somewhere again and worry your sister." He simply stated before returning to his work. Dazai nodded and went home to see Hinatsuri. However when he came home, she was already asleep. He gave her a defeated smile before leaving to his room. They will talk tomorrow.

The next day, an unexpected event turned out for Hinatsuri. She caught a terrible flu. Sweat dripped down her body and found her clothes too sticky. The air was stuffy, and her eyes were stinging hot. She glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 8 in the morning. Too late for school.

"Why did I suddenly catch a cold? Flu? I don't know anymore. This is bad. My head hurts so much." Tears pooled at her eyes, and she could not help but let one slip. She tried standing up and get a breathe of fresh air from outside. It was then that she noticed Dazai.

"Sa–Dazai-san, you're back. I'm glad that nothing happened to you." She bowed down in greeting. Dazai was astounded by her stiff greeting. He noticed that her tone got colder and changed the way she addressed him.

"Hinatsuri, why are you suddenly changing the way you address me? Is there something you have a problem with me about? Pray tell." Hearing all those questions just made her head throbbed painfully. She turned her back against him and answered all of his questions while getting their breakfast ready. Dazai found it difficult to communicate with her.

"Hina, look at me when you answer. We also need to talk. Did you know that Chuuya has caught your name? Akutagawa was the one who let it slip from his mouth. I already told you not to expose yourself did I not?" He scolded. Hinatsuri still did not look at him. She knew that already, but to tell the truth, it was that mad dog who first approached her. Then with regards to Atsushi and Kyouka, there was no way she was letting them be beat up so bad. Not when she finally had friends near her age.

Dazai growled at her silence. He assumed that she was ignoring his threats, so he stalled towards her and pulled her from her trance. It was then that he noticed her tears.