Reason 2: Strays in the Dark

"Hina, have you wondered what it means to be free from your position?" Odasaku uttered as he stared at the ceiling for no particular reason. Hinatsuri, who was doing her summer homework in his room, dropped her pencil and looked at him. She wondered why he suddenly asked her a difficult question.

"I don't really know, Father, but it depends on what position you hold I guess. I mean, when I was locked up back then, I wanted to escape and see the outside world. I wanted to be free from my medicines and other experiments. You were the one who rescued me. However, not all circumstances are like that I believe. Not all were fortunate like me to have been saved. I don't know what position you are in right now, Father, but I know that you have a special role to take." She answered as clear as she could. Odasaku looked at his daughter and smiled. He inquired if it was from her ability to which she shook her head no.

"I don't need to use my ability to know your special role. Father, if there is troubling you, don't hesitate to ask your friends for help or somebody to listen to. If nobody is there, then listen to your heart but never get swayed by too much emotion." She retorted. Odasaku chuckled at her cleverness before standing up to get their lunch ready. It was a nice summer. A watermelon should do good for today.

10:35 A.M.
School
Hinatsuri

I blinked my eyes and yawned softly. I did not notice, but it seemed like I fell asleep halfway through our geography class. Our teacher was quite boring, and no offense; despite her efforts to sound interesting, it was the other way around. Who sound so sleepy and tired when discussing?

Huffing, I exited the room and picked out a good spot to eat snacks. I eventually found one under a tree and ate in peace. After eating, I still had 20 minutes left so I decided to play with my ability. Yes, I know, abilities should not be used if not needed.

"Ability: All Seeing Eyes." Light blue light appeared around me, and I know that I was already seeing the present. You see, my ability should extend to see from past to future. Reaching the past was challenging while the future would come unexpectedly so it was easy to use the present. I directed my mind to the ADA and found out that they were scouted for a new job. Something seemed amiss about it though.

"End." As usual, I ended up receiving a headache.

"Oda-san? Class is about to start in a while. We should go." I looked up to see our class representative and followed her.

1:27 P.M.
Towards ADA

Unlike any other class, mine ended much earlier due to being able to select classes. I was now going to ADA to see what they were up to. Just when I was about to turn around a corner, chills ran down my spine. It was the feeling of something strong releasing a massive energy. Instead of minding my own business, the curious me went to the location of that energy. It was Osamu-nii in between two—is that Atsushi? And who is that man? Wow, there were blood and guns all over here. I could not believe I get to see this in action. I thought it would have been done earlier. They sure took their time.

"Now, now, that's enough." Brother deactivated Atsushi's ability and he fell to the floor like a dead corpse. The lady I saw through my ability was confused was surprised as to how he knew she was leading them to a trap. He pulled out an earpiece.

'Right. I forgot that he likes to pull that kind of thing to people he wanted to listen. He's really a creep.' I thought. He urged Atsushi to wake up but the boy remained unconscious. He might have used a lot power than he should have.

"Stop right there! Do you think that you'll go back alive?" The lady asked. Hold it right there. Threatening that man was useless. Osamu-nii was the kind of person who would survive even hell. A gun to the head, lady you are asking for death yourself. Suddenly, the dark-coated man stepped forward and stopped her.