Reason 20: Faithful Love

Dream
Hinatsuri

"It's always been a wonder why you keep on pulling up the person who wants to drown in his own darkness. You know who I'm talking about, right? Isn't that all your egoistic idea?" The voice mocked. Hinatsuri opened her blue-green eyes and let them find the source of the voice. It was from a familiar black-haired man. His white fur coat was around his as usual, but his hat laid beside him. She sat down and stared at the field before them. Unlike before, it was now filled with baby breathes.

The wind blew lightly. The answers to his question remained in her lips. In truth, she was not sure why she wanted Dazai to have a happy ending despite his wish to die. The only thing she knew was that even though he understood how everything worked, he lacked the means to appreciate life. The smiles he show started to get dimmer like a part of him was dying.

"I actually don't know how I will proceed from this point. This story of everybody's life, I have no idea how it will play. Fyodor, if you were in my shoes, without malice, will you be able to move forward and bring happiness to the person you wish for it to possess?" She asked. Silence echoed between them. He was unsure himself.

Hinatsuri's eyes glazed over the scenery ahead of them. It was in this dream that they could both let their guard down. This was the only place where she could let herself be. Not as the guardian or as Dazai's adopted sister.

Fyodor, too, found it funny how the world he wished to be its god was something that he desperately strive to get away from yet renew it as well. Despite how tainted it was because of human sins, he still managed to love it. Or so he compelled himself to.

The rustling of the leaves and the moving clouds brought serenity between them. They were not lovers, but the time they have together inside this dream was precious. They may be enemies, yet there was mutual understanding on their part. One wished to eliminate the ability users while the other strived to maintain peace.

"May I see your eyes?" Hinatsuri asked out of blue. Her body stiffened after realizing just how weird the question came off. Fyodor chuckled lightly and turned to her. He held her hands and placed it on his cheeks. The gentle look on his face made her wonder why he chose to become the person he was right now. The mystery around him was something she found difficult to unveil. However, one thing was for sure. His violet eyes were beautiful jewels. They may not sparkle much, but it was enough.

The dark-haired man did know what came over him, but the touch of the teen in front of him calmed his soul. As a human with godlike ability, the woman in front of him was like a goddess who could exceptionally touch him without dying. She smiled and placed her forehead on his. Fyodor was confused yet content.

"Outside this world, we are enemies meant to kill each other. Dreams are really a manifestation of our own desire." She muttered. He stared at her eyes and smiled.

"Despite that, my offer still stands. Remember this, Hina, I will come for you and the book. I desire you." Her eyes widened at the confession. The man in front of her only wanted power, and she knew that. She could never be selfish and let them use her. With a sad smile, she caressed his face.

Fyodor knew that the dream was about to end. He pulled her down and locked his lips with hers. Their entire dream collapsed and pulled them apart.

9:23 A.M.
Rundown Apartment

"It's still so early. Why the hell am I being dragged into this?" The white-haired girl asked. Atsushi chuckled nervously while Kunikida glared at her. It was early in the morning when she was called to the Agency to help with gathering information about the Moby Dick incident. They had been searching about that cartoon mouse symbol they found inside the controller. However, the information was scarce. The only person they could rely for now was the home-based Agency member named Katai Tayama. She glared back at the blonde but eventually gave up and just let them drag her anywhere.