Reason 19: Scars

The cafe is located on the ground floor of the building. Most of the members visit it during their break time. The coffee and sweets they serve are top-notch. And now, it was crowded.

"Hey, everyone! I've got the new request from upstairs. Is there anyone interested?" Atsushi asked. They looked at him then slumped down even further in the couch.

"Pass." They simultaneously replied. He sighed at their reaction. The tiredness from the fight had not wore off of the members. Except for Kunikida who was raging upstairs. Dazai took his cup and asked the waitress for a refill.

"Thank you for accommodating them, Miss. I'm sorry for the trouble." Atsushi apologized. She just smiled and told him that the only problem was Dazai's tab. As much as possible, she wanted him to get a health insurance before he passed on.

After they were served, the white-haired teen told them what the report was all about. The police had stated that various crime organizations were aiming for the fortunes left by the Guild. The brunette glanced back at him and shrugged. By now, it was already looted by some rats. Not knowing what he was talking about, he proceeded with informing them about one Guild member carrying a metal box around. He could not catch her in time because she was on the other side of the road.

"Danger is like the bitterness of the coffee. It adds flavor to life." The manager said as he brewed one bitter coffee.

The following day, they visited the cafe once more to relax, but they were surprised to find it ransacked. The manager was the only victim with his nails pulled off his fingers. They all froze in their place.

"Hey! Osamu-nii, order me one—" Hinatsuri opted to stop in her tracks after seeing the situation of the cafe. Her second favorite place was destroyed, and she will not be able to taste her favorite cafe latte for the meantime. That did not sit well with her.

"That's it." She muttered.

The Agency was able to determine the perpetrator's location and raided it immediately. Infiltrating it was a piece of cake. Hinatsuri did not need to use her abilities. Her fist and dagger were enough. Dazai, Kenji, Ranpo and Yosano reached the boss and eliminated the group to save time.

When they were done, Hinatsuri called for one of their people to drop them off Suribachi City. They were all unconscious, so there was no problem with carrying them far away. She glared at the boss and stomped on his head.

'What a fucking trash.' She realized that she was leaking a deadly aura and immediately hid it. The lack of coffee and sweets was already getting to her.

When they returned, the manager's fingers were already fixed. Hinatsuri cheered at the sight of coffee latte being brewed as well as new sweets lined up in the display counter. She ordered a few and enjoyed it in her own seat. Just then, the door opened and there stood Lucy Montgomery.

"Welcome back. Everyone, this is our new employee, Miss Lucy." The manager introduced. Atsushi, baffled by the entrance, asked what she was doing working in the said cafe. The red-head was flustered at the sight of her former enemies and deliberately threw the box she was holding. There was nothing inside so it only caused 'minor' wounds to the man-tiger.

Next Day
Agency
Hinatsuri and Atsushi

"Atsushi? Here. You got a job. Not exactly yours, but Ranpo-san is a little busy at the moment to do it." Hinatsuri said as she passed him an envelope containing the nature of his assignment. He glanced at the said detective and found him chowing on a bunch of chips and sweets. It had always been a wonder if that was all he eats.

Ranpo turned to them in question. They both shook their heads. The detective perked up, suddenly remembering an important point about the case. He informed them that the clue to the case could be found in a flower shop.