Reason 23: Unturned Favor

"Brother, wake up. Kunikida-san's here." Hinatsuri muttered, trying to wake her brother from his deep sleep. He did come home a little late last night, but he should have not thrown the alarm clock towards the wall. Now she had to buy two or three of them just to make sure he will rouse from his sleep.

Dazai groaned in his sleep and blearily opened his eyes to see his sister watching over him. He smiled and greeted her good morning. She gave him a blank stare and stepped aside. There was the man he thought she was just joking about.

"Good morning, Kunikida-kun! Why are you here?" Loud shouts echoed around the house. Hinatsuri sighed as she finished preparing their meals. Early that morning, she got a call from Kunikida asking where her brother was. They actually had a mission today and were to meet at 7 in the morning. It was already 8. Dazai and Kunikida exited the room which made Hinatsuri grin.

"Done with your early 'exercise'?" She smirked. Dazai caught up to her words and immediately threw a slipper at her. Dodging it was fairly easy, and the teasing she gave him was worth the reaction.

"Where is my innocent Hina!? Give her back!" Dazai complained. She smiled and told him that she was here, just grew up. Noticing that the blonde remained impatient, she packed their food and saw them off. The two appreciated her effort.

Once they were gone, Hinatsuri dressed up to go to the Agency to talk to the director. There was something that she needed him to do. It was only him who could contact that person without alerting anyone especially her brother. Although it would cause suspicions, the director was not a babbling man. He knew when to keep his lips shut.

10:30 A.M.
Armed Detective Agency
Hinatsuri and Fukuzawa

"Hinatsuri, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" The director asked as he casually looked up from the papers loitering his desk. The white-haired girl placed down the tea and asked him if he could contact Chief Santoka Taneda. She was aware that the two would often go to lunch or dinner in small restaurants. Fukuzawa dropped the pen and asked what she needed him for. The only thing she could tell him was that the chief had sources and information she needed regarding their true enemy and a couple of government's agents.

Fukuzawa sighed. He will not delve further on her reasoning, but one thing that he needed to know was if her brother knew of this. Hinatsuri shook her head no. There was no way she could tell it to her brother. She disclosed being the owner of the book, but only until that. Dazai could be as cunning of man as he could be. Truth to be told, even she was afraid of that, of being used and all. There was no way to know what was inside his head, but who could say the same about her?

"Chief Taneda also owes me a favor. I need him to fulfill that." She uttered. The director remained silent for a moment. The anticipation and tension between the two were too great that even Naomi did not bother to enter in order to serve them snacks.

Hinatsuri was unsure whether the man in front of her will hear her out. There was a 50-50 percent chance of this talk being a success. With what seemed like half an hour, the director finally agreed to contact the chief. She was overjoyed by the news, but the battle was far from over. He asked when she would like to meet him. Two days from now would be the best possible option. Although the underground was a great source of information, wasting more money was not what she had in mind in relation to her plan.

"Thank you, director!" Hinatsuri uttered. She was about to leave when Fukuzawa called her out. He asked her not to worry her brother any further. Despite his goofy exterior, he did cherish the white-haired girl more than his life. She only smiled and left.

Crime Scene
Dazai and Kunikida

"Oi, Dazai. Don't you think that there's something strange with that sister of yours?" Kunikida inquired. Dazai looked from his book and thought of any bizarre actions Hinatsuri had taken. There was none except for the time she wanted to fight Lovecraft. He shook his head no. The blond man sighed and told him that there were subtle sadness or conflict hidden in her eyes whenever they leave to work.