Reason 5: Victory Over

"Master, you're reading that book again. How many times have you read it already?" The master turned their head to the voice. It was from a man with light brown hair and green eyes. He was currently serving tea to the others members.

"Satoru, I haven't noticed, but a good book is a good book, no matter how many times you read it." They muttered. Satoru shrugged his shoulders and let out a sigh. He served his master with tea to which they accepted happily.

"By the way, I have a job for you today. I heard that they were rats scuffling in the underground, finding secrets about it. Will you take care of it, Satoru? I don't fancy them looking for it. Not with us as it's guardian." The brunette kneeled down in acceptance before disappearing from their sight. The others looked at him in envy for getting the job while the master looked from their balcony and smiled.

"It really is a good book that I will not just let anyone hold it."

Morning
Trafficking Ship
Atsushi, Kyouka, Akutagawa

Atsushi laid down on his stomach after waking up, feeling his bruised body weigh heavier. He tried to remember what happened and finally came to his senses. Akutagawa ambushed them downtown and captured him. He could feel the blood seeping down his chest from where he was stabbed.

Just then, the door to the crate opened and he saw Kyouka with a blank look on her face. He wondered if she was there to save him. Unfortunately, the girl only opened it to let Akutagawa torture his poor body. Before he could even react, the mad dog had already got hold of his leg and flung him towards the other crate. It made an evident dent from how hard he hit it. He gave the white-haired teen no chance to recover and quickly kicked where his wound was supposed to be.

"The wound I gave you was supposed to be fatal and yet, you still lived to see the day. What power it is, really." He blatantly mused. There were no mirth present on his eyes, just disgust and disapproval.

Atsushi noticed that they were already out in the sea. He knew that it will be difficult to escape with the man in front of him guarding him. Akutagawa looked down at him and stepped on his wound. He told him that escape was futile. Soon, he will deported to a new boat and be delivered to his destination.

"You wish." The man-tiger muttered. The mad dog did not know just how strong his resolve was, but he suddenly remembered how irksome his attitude was, that positivity and cowardice put into one person. That was the man-tiger. He pressed his foot harder causing him to cough more blood.

"Weaklings have no right to determine their fate, so die and make way for other people." Akutagawa snarled. Great animosity emitted from his body, but before he could strike him down, a click resounded in the air. He turned around to see Kyouka holding a gun.

"Let him go." Kyouka pressed. With a cold stare, Akutagawa used Rashomon and rendered her gun useless.

"Wavering just because you saw the outside world for the first time. Ridiculous." He held her neck and tightened it, irritated by her ridiculous claims. His monologue on living in the lowest depths resonated with Atsushi. Kyouka tried to speak words.

"H-Hina... told me... that anyone can change, even those who already drowned... in the darkness. Plus, I... really enjoyed that crepe." Her blue eyes met his yellow-violet eyes which further troubled his heart and mind.

'Hina's words. She's right.' It was then that a familiar voice called out to them. It was Kunikida. With Akutagawa's grip loosening, she took this chance to order Atsushi to run. With the remote in hand, she pressed it and the explosives in the ship went out. Angered, Akutagawa rendered her unconscious.

"Atsushi! Get over here! We can't get close because of the explosion. Jump now!" Kunikida shouted. The man-tiger knew that he will be finally saved but was it really right to leave Kyouka behind, not when she uttered those words to him? Kunikida saw his dilemma and told him that there was no saving her.