Reason 28: Determination in the Light Snow

11:23 P.M.
Port Mafia

"How many years has it been since the Mafia has been out for blood?" Hirotsu rhetorically asked. Tanizaki glared at his captors. The old man strolled towards him and informed the young man that the Agency might fail in containing the virus. However, the young lad retorted that there were no words from Ranpo, so there should be no problem yet. Hirotsu sternly told him that the ceasefire treaty between their organizations came to an end the moment their leader was plunged into danger. If killing was the answer to save their boss, they will do it.

"Oh, but maybe we should not kill you. Instead, you will be our spy." Tanizaki scoffed at their suggestion, but the old man threatened him using his sister. It angered the young lad that even his aura chilled them. The menacing glare he held agitated the Black Lizard, but Tachihara smirked and pointed the gun on his head. Tanizaki bore holes into his eyes and informed him that no matter now many bullets he shot, it will all miss.

Tachihara pulled the trigger, but a switchblade appeared on the lad's hand and escaped his hold. He activated his ability and dodged all of the bullets. The old man noticed that there was something wrong, so he ordered him to cease firing. They finally noticed that the door had been opened. Hirotsu was quite unsure if the lad had escaped or was tricking them into thinking like that.

The old man noticed a figure creeping behind Gin. Quickly, he grabbed the lad's collar and slammed him to the wall. However, the person he just hurled was an illusion. His ability amazed Hirotsu. It was favorably suited for assassination. They were now sure that his goal was simply to eliminate their boss.

Tanizaki sneaked away from the Port Mafia members. The cold look in his eyes did not waver. Turning around, he walked towards the top floor and opened the boss' room. Mori laid on his bed, his face filled with pain. The lad took out his blade and aimed it for his heart. For him, this was the only way to end the fight between their organizations. Before the blade could reach the boss, a katana pierced through his chest. Blood trickled down his mouth.

"Forgive me, child. If he dies, the Mafia revert back to its detestable ways." Kōyō apologized. The body of Tanizaki dissolved which caused the woman to sigh. Although he had disappeared, his bloodlust was too strong that she could still pinpoint where he was. Without an ounce of time wasted, she ordered her ability to cut down her enemy, but she as blocked.

"Kyouka!?" The blade stopped behind the black-haired teen who had ordered her ability to protect her colleague. She glanced at Kōyō who held an astonished look on her face. Turning around, she ordered Demon Snow to make an escape hole. The Port Mafia men came and were about to fire, but Kōyō prevented them from doing so.

What they did not see was the figure sitting atop, aiming his gun at the parachute. The sniper fired two bullets. Before it could reach her, a strong gust of wind and a sound of clang echoed in their surrounding. Two figures floated on top of the building.

"To think that you'll target this cute little girl. Sato, it's your turn." Felicia smirked. Satoru smiled hopelessly and apologized before aiming two needles towards the snipers head. It penetrated his skull, killing the man in an instant. Kōyō stared at one familiar figure and let out confused gasp.

"Isn't that the new member, Satoru? What in the world?" She wanted to question him, but he was already gone in an instant along with his other companion.

Park
Hinatsuri

"Should we really not participate in this game, Master?" Satoru questioned. Hinatsuri put down her coffee and turned to them. She explained that right now, they will have to let the Port Mafia and Agency fix their own problems. However, they will have to help in catching that culprit. Fyodor can be fickle when it comes to planning an escape route, like a rat.