Reason 21: Sin's Work

The hallway towards the cell had always been damped and eerie as far as Karma could remember. The air below seemed cooler than the previous night. He tugged on his collar, hoping to ease the tightness around his neck. His master, Ace, had ordered him to go get their prisoner from the dealer. It was his job to follow without any questions or else, he will lose his life. No matter how hellish his situation was, the only thing he could do was live.

Karma reached the end of the hallway and opened the door where special prisoners were placed. Inside was the dealer and their target. He was encased in white suit and strapped down in his chair similar to those people in the mental institution. He glanced at the dealer and asked if he was the one. Fear and discomfort was present in the dealer's eyes, but confirmed that it was him. He demanded for his payment, wanting to get out of the room.

"Be careful when you talk to him. You'll get your mind sucked in his world." The dealer warned. The copper-haired teen gave him his payment and stepped in front to peek at how the man looked. When he pulled the cloth off his face, he saw an anemic-looking man with dark hair and purple eyes that looked at him tiredly. His lips were chapped, evidence that he had not drank water for a day or two. The dealer scoffed at his face and left without a word. Karma remained inside the cell and pulled down the cloth once more. He will be transported to his respective cell.

Back at the Port Mafia, Mori and Kōyō sat on their respective seats while listening to the report of the executive named Ace. According to him, the mastermind behind the fall of Moby Dick had been captured and restrained as they speak. Mori was intrigued, but he knew that there was something suspicious about it. He asked the executive to describe the said man.

"A soulless, vampire-like man. He's the boss of the Siberian rats. With the assets from my organization, it was easier than ripping off a casino dealer." He uttered. Kōyō gave him a deadly stare and corrected him. After all, it was her group that did most of the work. How dare he take the recognition her squad deserved?

Mori ignored their banter and ordered the immediate retribution towards their prisoner. However, Ace proposed his own action. He wanted to be the one to punish the man. The Port Mafia boss gave his okay. Ace left as soon as it was permitted. When he was gone, Kōyō turned to Mori and inquired if it was really all right to give such authority to a man like him. Ace was, from the start, a greedy man who made his way up using money. The Mafia casino failed because of him. Although the boss knew about it, he wanted to see where his financial strength would take him.

"For now, let's see what he got."

Port Mafia Ship
Prison Cell

"Knife." Ace ordered while staring at the man in front of him. He stalked towards him and aimed his knife down. Fyodor Dostoyevsky, who chose to be their prisoner, grinned lifelessly. The straps around his body snapped and was freed from the tight binding.

"Is there someone here who'd throw their guest down the cold floor!? Bring clothes and drinks!" The light-haired executive ordered. His subordinates scrambled away to obey his orders. Soon, Fyodor was dressed in his usual clothing. He watched the man in front of him babble about his loneliness and desire to have him in his squad. He found out that Ace wanted Mori's head to become the boss of Port Mafia.

"And if I decline? I won't pray under the blue sky is what you're saying?" Fyodor deducted. He was amused by the claim of his enemy that he leaned forward.

"As you can see, I have a weak, anemic constitution. So let's do it this way, I will kill you." He claimed. Ace was infuriated that he grabbed the bottle of wine on their table and smashed it on the anemic man's head. A dark look crossed over Fyodor's eyes, but it disappeared as soon as Ace started talking.