Reason 4: Flower Amongst the Dead

It had been almost three hours since Atsushi and Kyouka strolled down the town for foods and games. Her eyes twinkled at the things new to her. What she liked the most was the delicious crepe he bought her. Atsushi silently cried at the amount of money lost, but deep inside, he was happy to see her finally smiling like how girls her age should be.

"There is still one more place I'd like to go." She turned to him. He obliged and once they reached the area, he could not believe his eyes. They just went directly to the military office.

"I had a lot of fun." She muttered. Atsushi tried to convince her to deviate from the place. However, she simply told him that whether she turns herself or return to the Port Mafia, she will be executed.

"My very existence is a crime." Atsushi wanted to change her mind, to take back everything she said. Those words reminded him of himself that if those were true, he should have not lived his life anymore. Just when he was about to retort, a static noise echoed through the air and a painful stab entered his chest. Blood spurted out of him. Kneeling down, they turned around to see the perpetrator. It was Akutagawa.

"Executed? There's no need for that. You have accomplished your mission. Have you forgotten that your mission was to be the bait?" His dark tone sent cold shivers down her spine. Kyouka could not find the words to retort. She wanted to remember Hinatsuri's comforting words, but they all seemed to be flushed down the toilet.

"Let's go home." He uttered before walking away. Fear engulfed her body, and she could not do a thing but let her friend be captured and delivered.

'I... I'm sorry.'

Armed Detective Agency

"Atsushi has been kidnapped you say? Why now of all of times?" Kunikida spouted in anger. The Agency was currently busy at the moment due to the request of a puny minister. It was not even a serious case, but they could not let their agency be on bad terms with the government. Ranpo commented that it was not their problem considering that he was captured due to his bounty. You could say that it was a personal problem that they did not have to concern their selves with. Tanizaki gave them an astonished look. He could not believe that they will abandon him just like that. Before the commotion could rise, the director entered the room.

"Now, before you all decide. Why don't you listen to what this person has to say first?" It was Naomi's voice that stopped them from their tracks. The director looked at them and ordered to stop what they were doing and search for their newest member. The others gazed back at their leader in horror.

"Don't worry. We're just making some petty official wait. Go." He ordered. Everybody went to work while Ranpo remained in his seat and asked why did they have to rescue him.

"A companion is in danger. Is there a reason more important than that?" His words were enough to make him move. Sighing, he looked down at the paper hidden in his sleeves. It was Hinatsuri's.

Port Mafia Underground
Dazai and Chuuya

Being chained against the wall was not fun at all. It had already bored him to death. Checking out the chains in his wrists, Dazai knew that it will be easy to get out. Just when he was about to go back to his dead state, a voice resounded through the air.

"You're as wily as ever, Dazai!" He looked at the source of the voice and immediately cringed.

"That voice.... You can't be serious." He saw a familiar black coat, orange-red hair and lousy unfashionable hat.

"What a glorious sight to see. More than that of an expensive painting." It was none other than Nakahara Chuuya. He loved the look on Dazai's face. Feeling the irritation rise from his body, Dazai commented about his embarrassing hat.