Reason 10: Darkness of the Puppet

Armed Detective Agency
Hinatsuri

Before we vacate the room to face the enemy, we first tested his strength and reason why he came here alone. The automatic machine guns were deployed, but the bullets stayed midair as if their gravity was manipulated. I smirked. This guy was the one Osamu-nii was talking about. For sure, I would enjoy this battle.

"You're so undermanned, I could cry. You're so pitiful, detectives. Come out whoever's out there." He taunted. With a smile, I turned to the director, saluted and left. Yosano-sensei and Kenji-kun followed after. I was angry. I kept my composure knowing that this guy was just taunting us, and I deliberately fell for it.

"Only you have come? The agency sure is belittling me." He scoffed. Yosano-sensei remained passive about his remark and urged him to make appointments first before suddenly appearing in the agency. Irritated, the man glared at us.

"You really think that I would need to make an appointment at this time?" Kenji replied with a no which made me blink rapidly at how ridiculously he answered that. Shaking my head, Yosano-sensei pointed out how he was not here to eradicate them. He came for something else. It was when he showed us a picture of two members of the Guild. He emphasized how it was a good time to ambush them, and sure it was, but the Agency was not an idiot. The Port Mafia did not want to taint their hands, so they were handling everything to the Agency and the Guild. The irony.

"We have something greater to offer, don't we, Yosano-sensei?" I decided to speak. The man looked at me in contemplation. I was not sure what his deal was, but I had no intention of letting him out unscathed. Kenji-kun used his ability and took off a railing before swinging it at him. He dodged and levitated slowly before running to Kenji with a punch. He blocked it with his hands before Yosano-sensei appeared behind him with her butcher knife. He jumped up and stayed in the ceiling.

"You really are Chuuya. Osamu-nii was right." I muttered. Yosano-sensei even confirmed it which irritated the man. He was mumbling about my brother running his mouth about him. I activated my ability and slashed him.

"You're Hinatsuri, right? Dazai was really protective of you. I also came here to know why." He said. I raised an eyebrow at that until he disappeared from the ceiling and appeared behind me. I docked and raised my legs towards his chin. It hit him, and he skid a few feet away from us. I tore off my sleeves and cut my forearm.

"Trails of blood has dripped on to one's path. I ask thee to resurface and eliminate my enemies." Ability: The Adamant Paradox. Black lightning crackled around my body and centered itself on the katana. Without wasting a second, I rushed towards Chuuya and slashed his arms. As expected, he used the gravity to dodge, but I willed my body and ability to follow him and attack the petite man without mercy. Rubbles appeared below us as the gravity and lightning hit each other. He skid to a stop while I held my katana forward and pierced his arms. I was able to hit him, but his punches also found its target. I coughed out harshly before wiping my mouth and willed my ability to swallow him. He scoffed and reached for my arm slamming me on my back. I could hear their calls, but I gave them a look. It had been a long time since I felt this.

As soon as I recovered, I jumped up and kicked him. He protected his face using his arms. In an instant, I disappeared from his sight and appeared behind him. He thought I was aiming for his head, but I swept his feet causing him to lose balance then I kicked him upwards. I promised that I will not let him leave unscathed, and I was going to fulfill that. Before I could take another step, a voice interrupted me.

"Hinatsuri, that's enough. Rest." Those words reverberated against my whole body, and my vision swayed. Chuuya had this weird look on his eyes before I finally collapsed. The director's voice echoed around the tunnel, and Yosano-sensei came to carry me. I let out a tired sigh then turned to Chuuya.