Reason 8: Start of Three-Way Conflict

Dazai was lazing around his apartment while her little sister prepared their breakfast. It was then that he received a text from his worst enemy. His face contorted in disgust while reading the name of the sender. Hinatsuri spared him a glance.

"Brother? Is there something wrong? You were glaring at that phone for about 30 seconds now." He scoffed.

"It's from an annoying shrimp. What's for breakfast anyway?" He diverted. The white-haired teen smiled at his helpless brother and showed him perfectly cooked French toasts. Coffee and hot cocoa were also served. His eyes sparkled at grand breakfast on the table. After silently reading the text, he asked Hina if she was free for the day.

"I am. Is there something you need me for?" She asked while chewing on her food. He nodded and asked her to help with arranging the documents in the Agency. It was the first time he asked her seriously for his help, so she quickly agreed to it. As much as she loved using her ability, a mundane day like this with her brother was fulfilling enough.

Armed Detective Agency
Archives

"That's a lot of documents. Who's the one in-charge of this, Samu-nii?" Hinatsuri asked. He told him that it was usually the other secretaries or Naomi who organized them. It would have been thoroughly arranged if it was not for the recent events that kept everybody busy. The white-haired teen nodded at that. They were amazing for not losing their heads at the amount of documents in the room.

While they were arranging the papers, Atsushi and Kyouka entered the office. Kunikida told them that the director had work for them and were sent to his room. Hinatsuri ignored them and examined every paper in the room.

"Oi, Dazai! Come here for a second. I need you to do this." Kunikida called for him. He gave him an exasperated face which caused further irritation for the blonde. Sighing, she pushed her brother out of the room and to Kunikida's. She assured him that the documents will be done within the day.

It took until two in the afternoon before she finished the whole mountain, and that alone left her exhausted. With stomach growling, she exited the room and went downstairs to the cafe. It was always refreshing to eat their mint chocolate cake and Earl Grey tea. While taking a break, she opened her phone and saw the messages she received. She replied to each one of them. When she was done, she paid for the food properly unlike her brother.

'Now then, let's send this text to brother and be on our way.' She pressed send.

Dazai walked down the stairs and was about to call her out, but Hinatsuri had already disappeared. Clicking his tongue, he checked his phone and received her text. She informed him that she was just going to the mall to buy a couple of things. He did not want to be paranoid, so he let her out for a while.

Unknown 3-Star Hotel
Room 512

"Welcome back, Master. Did you enjoy your stroll for today?" A middle aged man with a slick figure bowed down. The master smiled and went to their closet to wear their coat. They sat down the desk and examined the reports their subordinates have filed. Everything was going smoothly, but it seemed like somebody was trying to create diversions using the Guild to get information in the underground.

"Felicia, you're here right?" They called. A young woman appeared from the shadows wearing a black plaited skirt and yellow off-shoulder top. Her dark copper hair was tied to the side giving her a kind look despite the sadistic vibe coming off of her. She bowed down to the master and asked what she could do for them.

"I need you to go investigate the Guild. Gather as much information as you could and report it back in two days. Ramz, I'm deploying you to North America to also collect information about the higher ups. Eliminate all that goes against your way. Satoru, you've done a splendid job eliminating the rat without anyone even knowing. Commendable. I want you and Viktor to go see the Port Mafia and join their ranks. We will be observing their actions affront. However, remember that you are not allowed to get the attention of their boss. Am I understood?" Everybody kneeled down and accepted their orders. The master nodded, and they all exited the room except for Satoru.