Reason 16: A Banquet to Relinquish

"I never thought that I'll see the day Moby Dick would actually fall. It was such a nice place too." Twain muttered as they looked at the fallen Moby Dick who was now surrounded by police and government security. John skeptically looked at him and asked if he meant Moby Dick. The man laughed and referred to the Guild. The blonde had a different opinion though. Although the Guild had provided him with money for his family, he actually hated Fitzgerald for wasting money casually. Who was he to judge though? They knew that their boss had his own interest, more important than the Guild.

Twain turned to Louisa and asked her future plans. She told them that she will be searching for their boss. John will go back and recollect the fallen Guild. Quelling the internal war will not be an easy task, but he had a favor to return to their boss. Before Twain could say a thing, Lovecraft appeared from behind. They were surprised by him being alive.

"Lovecraft? You're alive. What are you going to do now?" John asked. The gloomy looking man shrugged his shoulders.

"Sleep." He jumped towards the water and disappeared from their sight. It left the remaining members of the Guild appalled.

Port
Melville and Ango

"The war abilities has ended successfully, but this is where the government's real job starts. There is a lot to cover up, and god knows how many sleepless nights it will take to do just that." He muttered while looking at Moby Dick. Light chuckles were heard from the side. He turned to the source and found a familiar figure sitting with Herman Melville, their main cooperator.

"You are..."

"It's nice to see you again, Ango-san. Melville-san just finished telling me stories about Moby Dick. It's really interesting. Don't worry, he'll leave no information unturned. After all, he already had a wonderful experience with his dear friend." She muttered. It was Hinatsuri. The old man stood up and glanced at Ango. He knew that the government official wanted information about the current members especially after knowing that he was the leader of the Guild two generations ago. He sighed and turned to the white haired teen.

"Let's have tea whenever you're free, Oda-kun." He invited. Ango stopped in his tracks after hearing Melville's words. He turned around to see the white haired girl, but she was already gone.

'Oda? Why does she...?' Various thoughts ran through his mind, remembering his friend who already passed away. He knew that all of the orphans were killed. If so, who was she? Unless, she somehow survived?

"Dazai-kun must know about her." He muttered.

Hinatsuri, who just left the area, was notified that there will a congratulatory/welcome party for Kyouka. She had no gift at hand, so when she spotted them, she relayed that she will have to go to the mall to fetch one. Kyouka was confused while Atsushi let her go. They all kept it a secret to the dark-haired teen. Although they believed her words, Dazai was skeptical about it. He knew that there was something off about her and will come to the bottom of it.

"I really can't escape how observant Osamu-nii is. Welps, time to pick a gift for Kyouka. I wonder if she'll like another stuff toy? Huh?" Her phone began ringing, and it was from an unknown caller. With her smiling demeanor disappearing, she accepted the call. The voice on the other end was too familiar to her.

"To think that you'll be so near. Do you want some tea sometime?" The caller asked. She knew that her enemies were far too cunning.

"Maybe some time. Not now." The caller grimaced at her reply. He sighed and pouted. However, he returned to his joyful state.

"Did you really think that by sending your puppets you'll prevent me from getting information? How naive~ Hahaha! But that is what makes you interesting. See you soon, Hinatsuri." The call ended. The white haired teen gulped and bit her lip from the fear. He was really on a different level.