Reason 7: Room Dyed Red

It had been a week since I got a cold, and I just received news about Kyouka's sudden hiring at the Detective Agency. Naomi-san invited me to come and visit them, so I did. Osamu-nii was slacking off somewhere. He had been out since yesterday, and I had no single ideas where he was. One good thing though was that school had started its two-month vacation. Sighing, I got up from my desk and cleaned up. Once I was ready, I head out to the agency.

"Hmm? I was not aware that you're busy today, Naomi-san. I could have come at later time. Hi, Kyouka! It's nice to see you again!" I greeted. She was so adorable. I could not help but hug her tightly. I was pulled out of trance when Atsushi tapped me and pointed at Kyouka who was turning blue.

"Gah! I'm sorry!" She shook her head and smiled a little. I looked back at the police who, was for some reason, being mocked by Ranpo-san. His words sure struck a cord in the man's mind. Harsh.

Minoura-san turned to us and found Kyouka familiar, resembling the orphan who turned into a ruthless killer he said. Atsushi quickly made an excuse which itself sounded ridiculous. The director just simply said she was his daughter. I grinned and thought about how the director needed to find a wife.

'He's already old and does not have a family. With his line of work, I guess it did make sense but still!' I was ready to help him find love. Easier said than done. This director was basically a walking blizzard. Kind yet cold, does that even make sense? I was rambling.

"Then, we'll be going now." I blinked for a second and noticed that everybody had gone their own ways. Even Kyouka was gone. Narrowing my eyes, I felt so left out. Atsushi was with Kenji-kun, Kunikida was out and will return later, Yosano-sensei was back in her medical room, Ranpo-was was lazing around. Me? I was just standing outside the director's office like an idiot.

"This is the worst. What am I going to do? Walk around the whole town—Oh, that might actually be a good idea. I should get my bike. I was pretty sure I left it down the cafe." I immediately went to get it and rode off downtown.

The streets were bustling with people. It was noisy, but not enough to disrupt my peaceful biking. Not until I came upon Atsushi and Kenji-kun. I wanted to call out to them when I noticed that they were collecting information on their case. Shrugging, I left them to their own. Kenji-kun was a peculiar ability user. The name of his ability was "To not be defeated by rain" which gave him superhuman strength only when his stomach is empty. He was also too calm in most of the situation, like scarily calm and was honest and innocent? Would you even consider him innocent?

"Oh shit! Move out of the way!" There was a man in front of me with a young little girl beside him. I was about to crash into him when I turned it aside and hit the pole instead. There was a dull feeling in my right leg and found a cut caused by the chains.

"Are you all right? That was a nasty crash." The man commented. It was the same man I was about to hit. Let me describe him. He had violet eyes and black hair parted in between. He was wearing a white coat befitting of a doctor.

I turned my head to my wound and took out my handkerchief which I used to wipe off the blood. The little girl beside me ordered the man to patch me up. Embarrassed, I told them that there was no need. It was my own fault for losing my concentration anyway. However, the little girl insisted, and the man did as he was told. They were a weird combo all right. When he was done, the wound did not sting anymore, and I thanked them.

"Thank you! It would have gotten worse if it wasn't for your help. I'm sorry for almost crashing in to you." The man accepted my gratitude and apology while the little girl turned to inspect me. She was curious, and I was as well, only with why she was staring at me though.