Reason 25: The New Guild

Morning
Apartment
Dazai and Hinatsuri

"Morning." Hinatsuri greeted, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She stopped in her tracks and shivered. The scene she stumbled upon was her brother sitting on a chair with his hands entwined on top of the table. He had the menacing smile that said 'You will not get out of this apartment until you talk'. The vibe coming off from him made her step back.

"Good morning, Hina! Sit. Down." He ordered. It was then that Hinatsuri knew she fucked up.

'Goodbye, World. Hello, Death.'

Armed Detective Agency
Atsushi

"Kunikida-san! I'm sorry, but I have to leave my work for a while. The director gave me a task this morning to deliver some folder. Be back in two or three hours!" Atsushi bid as he made his way to the door. The blond man nodded and let the boy accomplish his mission. There was, however, one thought that lingered in his mind.

"Where the hell is the suicidal maniac!? He's late for work!" Everybody in the Agency sweated nervously at his claim.

Wonderful Manor Apartment
Louisa and Fitzgerald

"So this is our 4th based, huh?" Fitzgerald claimed as he stared at the rundown apartment in front of them. It did not exactly bothered him, but he was confused. Louisa shrugged it off and thought that her master would get used to it. They entered, and the timid woman fetched the books she collected to gather necessary information for the revival of the Guild. The tycoon smiled and praised the woman for her dedication. She bashfully batted his words and asked him to wait outside for at least three minutes before entering. Louisa's ability, The Little Women, allowed her to make time pass by at 1/8000th of regular speed only when she was alone. All the strategies she made were supposedly accomplished for at least weeks or months, but they did not have that luxury.

"Then I shall await in the next room." He opened the other door and stumbled inside the neighbor's. It was unsure who was more surprised, him or the neighbor. However, the timid woman sadly explained that this was the only room they could afford with their budget. Fitzgerald smiled ruefully and let himself in, watching the same comedy show as his neighbor.

Louisa shook her head and left him to his own. The neighbor did not chase him out as well, whether it was due to shock or kindness, it did not matter. For now, collecting information was necessary. She was about to activate it when a knock on the door appeared, and an unknown male voice reverberated outside. It was some kind of delivery. Since she was too shy around strangers, she asked the mailman to leave it outside their door.

"Is it really all right?"
"Yes! You can leave now. Please."

The man left the apartment, confused. What Louisa did not know was that it was their target a few days ago, Nakajima Atsushi. When he was gone, she opened the door, grabbed the folder and examined its content. Shock was evident on her face as it was the necessary data she could not get a hold on to for a very long time. The person who gave them this must be observing them or waiting for their next move to attack. It actually scared her, but with this, she could use the information to help them get the budget they needed to restart the Guild.

"I'm sure that Fitzgerald-sama will still accept this generous gift. Come on, Louisa! There's no time to dawdle."

That afternoon, Fitzgerald entered a deserted storehouse in the forest. He found the man they needed. It was the genius engineer, T.J. Eckleburg. He developed the Eyes of God. However, right now, that man was planning his death by drinking a degreasing agent which will melt his insides. It amused the tycoon that he ended up pointing how he murdered his co-worker. Eckleburg denied his claims and told him that he could never do it to his fellow engineer. The evidence was still clear though. Ironically, it was the Eyes of God that condemned him to this.