Reason 27: Music of Death

9:02 A.M.
Armed Detective Agency

Kunikida and Tanizaki waited outside the clinic as Yosano examined the director's situation. The doctor exited the room and reported his case. It was as the enemy stated. The virus was eating his inner organs away. The man remained unconscious for hours, and there was no telling when he will open his eyes.

Tanizaki was distraught by the news and bursted his desire to kill Port Mafia's boss to save the director. Kunikida knew that it was the easier way, but it will also result in a huge conflict between the two organizations that kept order of the ability organizations in Yokohama. It will cause unnecessary bloodshed which was against his ideals. Despite that, he fathom that harsh decisions could not be made easily.

The blonde shook his head and asked Yosano where Ranpo was after realizing that the said detective had not uttered a word regarding this incident. She shook her head and informed him that the lad was in for a shock. He remained by the director's side.

"Guys! We have a problem! The Mafia has surrounded the building!" Atsushi yelled, panting after dashing towards the clinic.

Outside, the Port Mafia had their men surround the area while preparing to infiltrate it. Chuuya acted as their leader and demanded from the Agency to give the director up. Panic surged through Atsushi's body after learning that the Mafia already had knowledge of killing the other host for the other to survive. The unease in Kunikida heightened as he desperately tried to devise a plan to keep the director away.

"As expected of experts at surprise and ambush. What should we do, Kunikida?" Yosano asked. The blonde tried to calm his surging thoughts, but it was becoming difficult to do so.

"Don't rush, Kunikida. Are you still the pupil of the director? Or aren't you? The director told me to get a grip of yourself. Give us the directions, Interim Director. All of the information, give them to me. I'll read through all of it and present to you the culprit." Ranpo demanded. It woke Kunikida up from his panic and immediately ordered everybody to prepare for escape. He turned to Tanizaki who nodded and activated his ability.

Outside, the Port Mafia had already entered the building. They came face-to-face with the Agency members. Chuuya crouched down and asked whether they wanted it to be a one-is-to-one or by group. None of it mattered to him as long as he got his hands on the director. Seconds fly by and soon, the Agency members disappeared one-by-one except for Tanizaki.

"Kenji blasted through the wall and carried the director out. Right now, they are escaping from this building." He stated. The members recognized Tanizaki's ability to create illusions and mused how he was ready to throw his life away. The orange-head denied their claims. He was not there to throw away his life but to relay Ranpo's message.

Road
ADA Members

"Catching the ability user who spawned the virus?" Atsushi exclaimed. Ranpo nodded and voiced out the probable outcomes of engaging with the Mafia. There will be unnecessary casualties if it were to continue. This would be their best bet. If the game was to kill the other host to live, then in order for both to live, they will have to make some changes to the rules. If they were able to catch the culprit and have Dazai touch him/her, everybody lives. The man-tiger voiced out his opinion regarding the user's escape. However, Ranpo assured him that he/she will still be in Yokohama.

"Dazai also said that Dostoyevsky called the ability user his "criminal" friend. He/She will never be able to get out of Yokohama especially not when we have the Gifted Operations Division and the Port Mafia around." He explained. The problem was they still lacked a few information here and there. If they could get information from the Gifted Division or the Countermeasures Division, then he will be able to determine the culprit's name and location.