Reason 24: Clown's Smile

It was 3:46 P.M. when Hinatsuri and the others arrived. They asked for Yuki Hanasaki who was admitted in their specialized room but were denied until they showed them their ID. When they entered her room, they found the woman sitting on her bed, staring at the window in daze. She had blond hair and dull blue eyes, a beauty in short.

"Visitors? Hi. I'm Yuki Hanasaki. Is there something I can do for the both of you?" She asked. Her behavior was demure. The white-haired girl strode over to her and chatted with the patient. Yuki felt comfortable with her immediately which was odd to her. Hinatsuri revealed that they were here to protect her from death.

"Death? I see. Is it Yasuo?" They were surprised. It did not occur to them that she might have known the murderer, but they did confirm her suspicions. It pained the blond what happened to her ex-boyfriend's sibling. However, she knew that it was her fault. She took away a life that was not her to hold for so long. It traumatized her and opened her eyes to the truth. If Yasuo wanted her life, then she will give it.

"Are you sure? Because I don't think that's how it should be. Repent. Naoru accepted his death and never blamed you. He only wanted you to know that he was sorry. The girls he met were his past that he wanted closure for. He only loved you." Hinatsuri confessed. When she used her ability to find out about Naoru, she knew that others only perceived him as a rake, but he more than that. He loved Yuki even when death chose to take him.

Yuki teared up at that and was about to say something when the window broke into pieces. Hinatsuri shielded the patient and took her far from the shards. Ango's bodyguards stood protectively in front of them and readied their weapons. Viktor went to his master and activated his ability once he saw the blood on his master's back. She let him heal a part, but not all. She will utilize her blood to activate her ability later on.

Yasuo was perched on the broken glass with a passive look on his face. He turned to Yuki who was clinging to Hinatsuri and strode over to them. Before he could get to them, he was blocked by a katana and gun shot. A glare presented itself towards them. If the glare was an ability, they would have been death on the spot especially at how intense it was.

"Give me that bitch. She deserves to die." He mouthed. Hinatsuri stepped out and asked him why he waited for two years to extract his revenge.

"At first, I already wanted to sue her, but her mental issue was the problem and could be pardoned. Naoru tried to explain his self at her, yet she poisoned him? Ha! Don't make me laugh. Your obsession towards my brother became his downfall, and now, will be yours. Those two years were actually to see if he could get justice the right way, but you know what? I did not give a damn anymore. Naoru was my light when our parents neglected me, and you just took him out of my life like that." Yuki heard him right. It pained her to realize that Naoru was his foundation, and her stupid actions just killed the person he could lean on during his difficult times. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she apologized over and over. Ango tried to reason out with the college student, but he was hell bent on it.

Yasuo took out his dagger and threw it at Yuki without them noticing. However, Hinatsuri blocked them using her second ability. Lightning crackled around her as she told him that this was not the right way to do things. The teen laughed at her righteousness. He mocked how she could be so rightful when she herself had walked the path of blood.

"You're right. I'm no different, but I was reminded for a moment of my father. He struggled not to kill anymore in order to write his own novel. Why shouldn't I do the same?" She smiled. The knowledge of knowing that she would not be like her father was already evident, but this kid in front of her needed to know that this should not be how he should get his revenge. Killing will only result to more darkness in your own thoughts that you will eventually lose yourself in the fight.