twenty-one

Estelle walked into her house, it hadn't changed at all: still very bright with a lot of flowers, Turkish carpets, colorful cushions, and lots of antiques. She looked at Louis, who's jaw almost hang to the ground. she chuckled, she put her finger under his chin and pushed it up.

"come on, I'm going to show you your room," Estelle said while grabbing Louis' hand.

"Woah... it's.."

"magnificent?" Estelle finishes Louis's sentence.

"yes," Louis chuckled.

Estelle showed Louis around the first, second, and third bathroom, the fifth, sixth, and seventh guest room the third and fourth balcony the library on the first floor, and the one on the second floor

"and last but not least..." Estelle said while opening a door "my room" she smiled. she walked into her room and jumped on her bed. she watched Louis looking around in her room, and picking up some photos, books, and a scale with some jewelry. he took the scale and sat it in front of Estelle on the bed.

"what are you doing?" Estelle asked while getting up.

"just looking..." Louis answered. he picked a ring and looked at it.

"got that one from my grandma when I was ten," Estelle explained to him.

he chuckled and grabbed another ring while Estelle flipped over the whole bowl and looked at each jewel one by one.

"oh that's one I forgot" she exclaimed while looking at a necklace with pearls.

"do you want me to put it on on you?" Louis asked.

"sure" Estelle replied while handing him the necklace over.

She took her hair and held it up for a moment while Louis put the necklace on. she could see in the mirror how concentrated Louis was in order to be able to close the lock of the necklace. Louis looked up and was just like Estelle staring in the mirror with a smile to them.

"voila" (french for "here you go") Louis said and Estelle got up to look closer in the mirror. She could still feel Louis' eyes looking at her, she decided to ignore that before she created even more butterflies in her stomach.

"Estelle, Louis, dinner's ready!" her mom shouted.

Estelle groaned she wasn't hungry.

"come on," Louis said while throwing her over her shoulder.

she laughed.

"Louis stop! put me down!" Estelle laughed.

"Absolutely not," he replied.

by the time they were done laughing and Estelle had freed herself from Louis's grip they had arrived in the dining room. her father and mother had already sat down and were waiting for them, Estelle looked at her parents who were both smiling like idiots.

"Why are you guys laughing like that?" Estelle asked with a little fear.

"like what?" her mother asked, pretending to be dumb.

"like... I don't know some kind of idiots?" she asked.

"pfff.. nonsense" her father replied. "Estelle, dear, serve Louis and yourself please." her father finished his sentence.

Estelle took Louis' plate and served him the food her mother had made. after she had served everyone, she could finally eat.

"so, mom, what are the plans for this afternoon?" Estelle asked.