twenty-three

Estelle looked at her clock, 9:30 am, and then stared at the wall before her for fifteen minutes. "ok, time to get up." she thought to herself. she got out of bed and walked to her mirror, she looked at herself. her hair was a mess, but a good mess she decided to not care and walked downstairs. when she came downstairs everyone was already at the table. 

"good morning," Estelle yawned.

"good morning," everyone greeted her back, her dad didn't look up from his phone and her mom from the newspaper. Only Louis looked at her and gave her a warm smile, she smiled back and set next to him. 

"good morning, Louis," she said while she grabbed a piece of watermelon he had cut for himself from his plate. 

"Hey, hey, hey!" he laughed while trying to grab the piece back. Estelle laughed and got up from her seat trying to escape from Louis, but as soon as she left her seat he did too. she quickly ran away but Louis was taller than her and had longer legs so he had caught up with her before she could even try to run to the kitchen.

she shrieked but Louis grabbed her from behind and pushed her against his chest. 

"it's mine" he whispered in her ear and grabbed the piece of watermelon and walked back to the table. Estelle chuckled and walked to the kitchen to grab a mandarin, when she got back to the dining room her parents had left and was Louis eating his watermelon.

"so what do you want to do today?" Estelle asked Louis while peeling her mandarin. 

"don't know" Louis answered with his mouth full of watermelon. 

"well, that's convenient," Estelle answered. "Louis, you have there..." she pointed at his mouth. 

"what?" he asked. Estelle groaned and wiped a pit from his watermelon away. "Seriously, Louis, are you five? you can't even eat your watermelon properly." Estelle teased. 

"says the girl who can't even ask for a piece of watermelon," Louis answered.

"says the boy who can't even share his  watermelon." Estelle snapped back, looking Louis straight in the eyes. 

she leaned closer into him, and just when their lips were about to touch she wiped some juice from under his lips and whispered "a napkin could be useful for toddlers like you." she smiled and walked away, leaving Louis breathless and with a million butterflies in his stomach. 

she walked quickly upstairs and fell onto her bed, and she smiled into her pillow. "heh" she thought to herself, "just left him there speechless.". she got up from her bed and walked over to her closet. she decided to wear some basic blue jeans with grey New-Balance sneakers, a white blouse, and a grandpa-sweater over it.  she did her skincare routine and went downstairs waiting for Louis. after waiting twenty minutes, Louis still hadn't come down yet, so she decided to look for him. she went to his room and knocked on his door. 

"Louis?" Estelle asked. 

"yes?" he answered.

"may I come in?" 

"yes". Estelle opened the door and saw Louis laying on his bed face timing someone. she plumbed next to him on the bed and looked who he was face timing. 

"who are you face-timing?" Estelle asked. 

"my friend... William," he answered while turning the camera to Estelle's face. Estelle waved to the camera and saw an attractive boy of their age waving back.

"hi," Estelle said. 

"hey!" William said back "are you the famous Estelle?" he asked.

"I suppose so." she smiled. 

"Lord, Louis can not shut up about you. I need to hear it every day "God, William, she is s-" William tried to say but he got cut off by Louis. 

"yes, yes I think we got it. oh is that your mom calling us, Estelle? oh too bad we need to go! bye, William!" Louis said while hanging upon him. 

Estelle laughed and Louis turned away from Estelle. 

"do you talk about me often?" she asked while letting her head rest on Louis's shoulder who laid on his side with his back to Estelle. 

"no. he just said that to embarrass me." he sighed. She laughed. 

"it's no problem if you do, Lou. I got lots of guys who are obsessed with me just like you." she teased. 

"Yeah, like that Matthéo of yours." he chuckled, Estelle froze. she had already forgotten him. 

"yeah no, let's forget about him," she said while getting up. 

"What happened between you two?" Louis asked while getting up too. 

"nothing," Estelle said trying to change the subject. she took Louis' hand and walked with him out of the room. 

"so, Mr.Watermelon, what are we going to do?" she asked while walking downstairs. 

"stroll through the city?" Louis proposed. 

"Excellent idea, Mr.watermelon!" she exclaimed. 

"Please, Stelle, stop calling me that." Louis sighed. 

"or what?" she teased. 

"or I.." Louis said while throwing her over her shoulder and running to the garden with her. 

"or I'll throw you in this pool," he smirked while getting Estelle from her shoulder and holding her by her waist, and pushing her slightly so that she hangs over the pool. 

"you wouldn't" she answered. 

"oh I would Louis chuckled "but not today because you look too pretty today," he said while pushing her back. 

"you don't look so bad yourself, Mr.Watermelon," Estelle said. 

they both walked out of the house, into the city.