thirty-five

also, this is kinda dedicated to  @marpartrdige, thank you for all the love and support you're giving me! it means a lot to me!  

It was Saturday morning and Estelle had woken up early to prepare herself for this mentally and physically exhausting day. she was going to find a dress with Théo for a party that was the evening self and she'll probably need to face Louis which she wasn't looking forward to. 

she was cleaning her room when the bell rang. Théo. 

Estelle ran down the stairs and opened the door but she saw a face she didn't expect to see... yet. 

"Louis," Estelle breathed out. 

"Stelle," he said while leaning in the doorway. 

"can I help you?" she asked while cocking a brow. 

"yes," 

"and how?" 

"can I come in, please?" he asked. 

"no,"

"why?" Louis asked, taken back by the girl's inhospitality. 

"because," Estelle stammered, Louis pouted at her, "fine, fine, come on in," she faked a smile while opening the door a bit more so he could pass through. 

"you give in so easily," he chuckled, Estelle rolled her eyes at his idiot statement. 

Louis waited in the hall. 

"nothing changed much," he stated, Estelle scoffed.

"you thought by breaking my heart I would become a whole new person or something?" Estelle's eyes widened after she repeated silently what she just had said: broke her heart.

 "so I did break your heart, then?" Louis smirked, clearly amused by now events.

"no," she huffed "because let's face it, I broke yours and you can not live without me so here you are trying to find excuses to even get a glance from me," she continued by now they were in the kitchen and she was leaning on the kitchen counter while Louis stood in front of her.  

"I didn't and still don't have a heart for you," Louis replied, slowly getting closer to her face. 

"oh no? then why do you care so badly who my date is for the party?" Estelle questioned.

"Why do you care so much that my date is Heather?" He answered.

"I- I don't" she stammered.

" is that so?" he grinned while planting a small kiss on her lips. by all their arguing Estelle hadn't heard that the doorbell was ringing, but Louis did and he casually walked to the door and opened it. 

Estelle was still frozen at her place

what the fuck just happened? did he really? what?  

she couldn't stop and think long about Louis kissing her because of the louder huffs in the hallway. she moved her feet (AN: duh ) and walked to the hallway, where she saw a face she did expect earlier this morning. 

"Théo," she smiled.

"Stelle," he said while not breaking eye contact. 

"why is he here, Estelle?" Louis asked looking at her.

"None of your business, dad," she said while rolling her eyes. Louis didn't stop looking at her which was a sign that he was waiting for an answer. 

"he's just here- because-" Estelle said with long pauses "school trip and my mom wanted to make him check on me," she lied, looking up lots so Louis knew she was lying so he cocked a brow. 

"and why aren't you with your class then?" Louis asked turning back to Matthéo. 

"because it's a Saturday," Estelle replied like it was really obvious. 

"and you can stroll through London without any teachers?" Louis continued. 

"I don't need to explain myself to you," Matthéo spat at Louis.

"oh, you fucking do mate because if you hurt my girl-" Louis said but he got cut off by Matthéo. 

"your girl?" Théo repeated. 

"tell me when she was your girl when you left her alone in France-" Théo said but Estelle cut him off by saying: 

"Yeah, yeah, I think we got it," she laid her hand on Matthéo's torso and pushed him inside the living room so she and Louis could say goodbye and she and Théo could go shopping. 

Estelle opened the front door and Louis stepped outside. 

"why is he really here, Stelle?" Louis asked.

"as I said, Lou, none of your business." 

"ok but don't come to me crying when he breaks your heart," Louis said while raising his hands in the air.

"he won't, he's not like you." as soon as those words came out of Estelle's mouth her hand flew to her mouth with a realization of what she just had said. Louis just looked at her, clearly hurt. 

"Louis, I'm sorry," she said while hugging him, he didn't hug back, he stood there numb. she looked up at him and she softly pulled his chin down to her so he finally looked at her. 

"Louis, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I just blurted it out without thinking and-" Estelle rambled on while tears were strolling down her cheeks. 

"it's okay," Louis said while hugging her back, "I deserved it,". she pulled away and he put a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"I'm really really sorry," she said while wiping her tears away. 

"it's ok, I'm sorry too," 

Estelle was surprised about how easily they forgave each other but she just went along with it.

"This does not mean I'm going to the party without you though," Louis said.

"wasn't planning on it either," she smiled while heading back to the house. 

"be sure to get a dress that will make me sorry for my attitude," mocked Louis.

"be sure that your suit matches Heather's dress," she smiled fakely while closing the door. 

how did they forgave each other that easily and joked about their insults? 

she quickly was snapped back to reality when Théo was standing in front of her. 

she ran her fingers through her hair and smiled sheepishly. 

fuck