thirty-six

"Théo" Estelle breathed out.

he didn't look at her, he just stared at the wall in front of him.

"théo" she repeated, she walked to him and gave him a slight push which made him look at her. he looked at her waiting for an answer.

"i- I'm sorry for bringing him in I-" she said but she got cut off by Théo.

"oh don't be, darling, he is your boyfriend after all," he said while rolling his eyes.

"no, no he's not," Estelle defended herself.

"sure," he chuckled, clearly pissed off.

there was a long silence, not sincerely awkward but not really pleasant either.

"so uh, will we go then?" Estelle said, breaking the silence.

"I can't" Théo replied shortly while turning so he could face Estelle.

"you can't what?" Estelle asked, cocking a brow.

"searching a dress for and with you."

"and why's that?" Estelle asked, a bit hurt by his reaction.

"because I have a date with someone else," he said, avoiding Estelle's angry brown eyes.

"Pardon me?"

Théo didn't answer, he just looked everywhere but at her.

"ok, then," she said walking to the kitchen.

"But I will see you at the party right?" she continued to ask.

"I don't know, I'll see, I'll let you know," Théo said while walking to the front door. Estelle went for a short sprint to stop him,

"no, you're going to be sure of your answer, because I will not sit here like an idiot waiting for someone, who can't even make a proper conversation, who will eventually will not even arrive," Estelle said while holding him back for opening the door because she was standing before it. he didn't answer.

"So is it going to be a yes or a no?" Estelle asked coldly.

he looked at her, not being sure of his answer, after five minutes of standing there he spoke.

" a no," he said looking at his feet.

"ok," she said while holding the door open so he could pass, he walked and when he almost reached the street Estelle said:

"oh but before you leave, don't you ever fucking again dare to come back to me with some sort of plan to have me as your girl because first of all you never had me and you never will have me, and I will never ever be someone's girl from a person who can't even behave himself like a person from seventeen, with an education like yours, should." she smiled fakely while slamming the door.

she leaned against the door and repeated what just had happened. 

she wasn't in the mood for a party anymore and decided not to go. a bit lame she thought to herself but she's on the verge of breaking down, she is the most confused than she has ever been and she doesn't have a date and dress, so she had many reasons to stay home. 

she was going to spend the rest of the day on the couch and watching her all-time favorite movies which were Perks Of Being A Wallflower, Little Women, Lady Bird, and whatever came to her mind that had Emma Watson, Timothée Chalamet, and Saoirse Ronan. cliché, she knew but what about it? 

----- time skip + at the party----

Louis had been standing for more than an hour and a half at this stupid party, with this stupid mask, with this stupid Heather, which he had only used to if Estelle was jealous or not, who was only talking stupid nonsense and then above everything that sucked this day Estelle wasn't even there. 

"hey, Victoria," Louis said while walking to the friend group of Estelle.

"oh hi, Louis" everyone replied, half surprised by his appearance. 

"hi," he chucked, "uhm do you perhaps know where Estelle is?" he asked. 

"she didn't tell you?" Victoria asked she waited for his answer but he didn't answer so she answered for him, "she couldn't come, she got nauseous or something,"  

"oh, ok, thanks," Louis smiled while stepping outside the room into the rainy, London night. 

he bailed on her, didn't he? he asked himself. because it was raining that hard and he had forgotten his jacket at the party he was already soaking wet, he decided to go to Estelle's and hope that she wanted to see him as bad as he did and would give him dry clothes. 

he arrived at her house and without thinking about what he could say, he pressed the doorbell, she took her time for opening the door. Estelle looked at him with red puffy eyes and her mouth in a line but as soon as she recognized Louis a small smile appeared on her lips. 

"hi, Louis," she smiled while feeling his arms around her. 

"were you crying, my love?" he asked concerned.

"no," 

"no?" 

"well yes, but not for the reason you think the reason is," 

"did he not bail on you, then?" 

"no he did, but I was crying- ugh doesn't matter," Estelle sighed.

"it does, Stelle," he said while breaking the hug and looked at her.

"yeah, but not now. why are you here?" Estelle said, trying to change the subject. 

"checking op on you, because you weren't at that stupid party," 

"stupid?" Estelle repeated while walking upstairs and closing the door. 

"Yeah, god, you don't know how many stupid things Heather says and I needed to listen to that just because I wanted to know if you were jealous or not," he chuckled while following her upstairs. 

 she laughed, 

"well it worked," she smiled while giving him a pair of trousers and a sweater. 

"I'll be downstairs," she said while leaving him alone in the dressing room.

________________________________________________

AN: penultimate chapter :((. 

sorry that you guys needed to wait this long, I had it just really busy, 

anyway hope you enjoy this chapter and book xxo