twenty-six

TW: underage drinking

it was currently six-thirty pm and Estelle and her family were driving to the ball. the ball they celebrated every year and where she needed to dance every year with Matthéo, but this year was going to be different: because she was here with Louis now so she wouldn't need to dance with Matthéo. right?

Louis opened the door and offered his hand to Estelle for getting out of the car.

"thank you." she smiled while taking his hand. they were standing before a building that was owned by the municipality. it was beautiful and breathtaking. there were loads of oldtimers parked before the massive door with steel. behind the building, there was a little forest with a pond that was illuminated by the trees with lamps that stood around the pond. near the pond, there was also a kiosk. Estelle and Louis's breaths were stolen away and Estelle's mom gives them a sign to move on.

Estelle and Louis entered the mansion that was decorated with simple Christmas trees and a big staircase that led to different rooms with an amazing view. the place was filled with people from old age to teenagers laughing and doing small talk with everyone. someone came up from behind and laid his arm around Louis and Estelle's shoulders, who were standing next to each other. Théo.

"oi, mes copains" (french for "oi, my friends.")he laughed.

"Hey mate," Louis laughed while turning so he could face Théo and gave him a hand.

Estelle released herself from Théo's "embrace", and was looking for some people she recognized from the last past years. she saw a table that was filled with people their age, boys and girls.

"Estelle, tu est le plus belle de tout le monde ici." (french for "Estelle you're the most beautiful from all people here."  Théo whispered in her ear while giving her a kiss on the cheek. he whispered but it was loud enough for Louis to hear and from the corner of her eye she saw Louis rolling his eyes and biting his lip out of frustration.

"so, in for a drink?" théo asked.

"yes, please." Estelle sighed. the tree teenagers walked to a butler who was holding a plate with glasses of champagne. Estelle and Théo both took a glass of the plate but Louis didn't.

"what is it?" Estelle asked Louis.

"n-nothing," he said quickly while taking a glass.

"is it your first time drinking alcohol?" Estelle questioned.

"yes, but doesn't matter." he smiled.

"well then, Lou, to your first time illegally drinking." Estelle smiled while she raised the glass to cheer with Louis.

"yes," he laughed and they both took a sip.

"well," Théo said, "let's go to the rest of the group." Estelle has known the group since she was six so she didn't need an introduction.

Théo led them to the table Estelle had seen earlier this night. he greeted everyone and after that, it was time for dinner. she sat at the table and Louis sat next to her, opposite of her Théo was sitting with a girl named Isabelle who was chattering with the girls next to her named Lauren and Alexinne. 

the butlers came with their plates and everyone started eating and chatting with each other. Estelle started talking to a girl next to her, who she remembered from the last years, Violette, and Louis started talking to a guy, Victor.

"so how long have you been together?" Violette asked.

"who?" Estelle asked.

"you and Louis." she smiled.