twenty-eight

Louis pulled away and smiled, they could hear people counting down to the New Year, and just when everyone said "Happy New Year!" and  Louis placed his lips on Estelle's again. 

they kissed until Louis's phone rang, it was his family who face-timed him. they went out of the bathroom and Estelle walked back to the table where the deserts stood while Louis called with his family. Estelle chose a chocolate mousse and went to sit next to Louis. 

"let me say hi, Louis!" Estelle said while turning the camera to her. 

"hi!" the family exclaimed. 

"Hello, Happy New Year!" she replied back with a smile. 

"Happy New Year!" they all replied in unison. 

Estelle laughed and tried to steal her chocolate mousse back from Louis. she gave the phone back to Louis and ate further in silence while listening to his conversation with his mom and sisters. she almost choked when Issie pointed a red spot on his shirt.

"what's that Louis?" Issie asked while pointing at Louis's cheek.  

"that, oh, that's just-uh," Louis said while getting a light pink color on his cheek and looking at Estelle for help. 

"that's some sauce from the spaghetti," Estelle cut in "he managed to spill again," she lied while laughing nervously. it wasn't, it was blood, but you cannot really say "hey I fought with some guy, mom! what do you think of that?" so they used that excuse.

"oh ok," Issie said while shooting a look at Millie.

"well, uhm, we need to go now. we uhm, have to clean the tables." Louis said while pretending to be annoyed.

"clean the tables at a ball?" Millie repeated. 

"yes," Louis laughed. "silly, right?". 

"yes, indeed. but we'll leave you!" 

"see you in tomorrow!" Louis said while saying his goodbyes. 

shit, they were leaving tomorrow, she didn't want to go. she didn't want to go back to reality. Estelle was sunk in her thoughts until Louis gave her a slight punch and said that they were going home. Estelle said goodbye to everyone and avoided Théo who was looking at her furiously. 

Estelle, Louis, and her family left the building and got in the car on their way to their house.

Estelle fell quickly asleep in the car on Louis's shoulder. and she could feel Louis resting his head on hers. 

---time skip---

Estelle woke up with a slight headache. Shit. how did she even get into her room? she can't even remember how she got here. she looked at the clothes she was wearing, her ball dress and a Heaven Can Wait sweater. Louis' sweater. she looked at her clock: 9 am, they were leaving at 3 pm so she still got plenty of time to clean her room and make her bag. Estelle stood up and walked to her dresser where she put on a pajama short, a shirt, and Louis's sweater, she quickly went downstairs where (to her surprise) everyone was waiting for her. 

Louis's face lighted up when he saw Estelle was wearing his sweater. 

"good morning" she smiled. 

"good morning" her mom and dad greeted her. 

she sat next to Louis at the table, and he just kept smiling. 

"what is it?" she laughed nervously while picking up a slice of watermelon from his plate. 

"n-nothing," he replied while eating further. 

"if you say so," she smiled. 

"you're wearing my sweater," he stated after her parents went upstairs to make their bags;

"Really?" she asked playing dumb. 

"yes," he said while grabbing her chin and pushing it slightly up so she could look him in the eyes. "you look good in it,"  he smiled. 

"thankyou," she smiled back. 

they ate further in silence and went then upstairs to make their bags. 

___________________________________________________________
AN: I'm so sorry for this rushed chapter, but I just wanted to post for you guys! thankyou for all the votes and reads, you're amazing!! ily! 

also sorry if my "kissing" and "tension" scenes are not that good written but I haven't even had a proper conversation with a guy so how do I need to write a love scene, lol.