nine

it was Sunday afternoon 3 pm. Estelle was sitting in the living room studying her exam chemistry with some Christmas jazz in the background. she decided to take a break and go for a walk. 

she changed from her pajama into black straight jeans, a woolen jumper, and her DocMartens. she grabbed her keys, some money, her AirPods, and left the house. 

she was on her way back with a coffee, from a local coffee shop, in her hands when someone bumped into her. she spilled her coffee all over his grey sweater. 

"I'm so sorry" Estelle started. 

"Shortie?" 

why needed it to be Louis again? 

"you're bumping into me a lot this weekend" she chuckled. 

"I'm sorry, I guess?" Louis said. 

"you guess?" she imitated his tone. 

"well, I don't mind bumping into you, Shortie" 

she blushed and looked at her shoes

"What I do mind is that my sweater is spilled with all your coffee," Louis said. 

"Oh my, I'm so sorry about that!" Estelle handed him a napkin she got with her cup of coffee.

"Thankyou" 

she looked awkwardly away as he tried to wipe the coffee off his sweater.

"Okay, that's not coming off" Louis stated. 

"yes um, what about you coming with me to my house and I give you one of my dad's sweaters?" Estelle proposed. 

 "sounds like a good idea to me!" 

and the teens walked away from the coffee shop to Estelle's house. 

" you know, it was actually your fault that I spilled my coffee over you" Estelle began. 

Louis looked at her, pretending to be hurt " it was not". 

"yes, it was!" Estelle laughed. 

"How then?" 

"well, I don't know, but I'm sure I was looking in front of me!" 

"no, because if you were, you wouldn't have bumped into me!" 

"ok, but the first time it was your fault." 

"no...." 

and they playfully bickered further until they arrived at Estelle's house. the house was warm and the Christmas music was still playing. she led Louis to the dressing of her parents and handed him a sweater of her dad. 

"well, here's a t-shirt if you need one. I'll be downstairs" and Estelle left the dressing. 

when she came downstairs she made tea en just when the water was done boiling Louis came downstairs. 

"hi, you want a cup of tea?" Estelle asked. 

"sure, Shortie" Louis replied. 

"I'm not short"  

"yes, you are" 

"I'm not" 

"if you say so, but that will not stop me from calling you Shortie," Louis said with a smirk. 

she sighed playfully. 

after about thirty minutes of talking about nothing Louis told her he needed to go. 

"oh sure," Estelle replied. 

she walked him to the door and waved him goodbye. 

"bye Shortie, see you tomorrow!" Louis yelled. 

"Study for your test math!" she yelled back with a grin. 

she closed the door and she realized she hadn't asked him if he and his parents would like to meet hers. 

Oh well, maybe Thursday.  she went back to the dining room, studied chemistry for a bit more, cleaned the house for her parent's arrival, ate self-made spaghetti went to bed watched some Netflix, and fell asleep.