twelve

(in honor of Louis piercing his ear. 😍)

after setting the table and preparing dinner with Ms.Partridge while chattering about everything Mr.Partridge came home. 

he walked into the kitchen and saw Estelle cooking with his wife, he greeted them and he looked at Estelle and said: 

"you must be Estelle, aren't you?"

"yes, yes I am sir, it's a pleasure to meet you!" she answered. 

"Louis has told me all about you."

she blushed and replied: 

"only good things I hope" 

"oh definitely," he said while going to the dinner table. 

"hey son," he said to Louis. 

"Hi, dad! Uhm dad could you please don't say embarrassing things about me at dinner. because that's awkward so just don't." he said while he rubbed his neck and looked at his feet. 

"sure" Mr.Partridge answered while chuckling. 

"well," Ms.Partridge said "dinners ready" 

 she called everyone to come to dinner and sat at the table together. everyone served each other a bit of everything and Estelle was really comfortable and happy. she missed her sister being in London and having such dinner with her own parents and sister. Estelle was shaken out of her mind by Issie who asked her a question. 

"Sorry?"

"do you have any siblings?" Issie asked again. 

"Uhm yes, I got one sister, Jules, who is twenty and who studies in Paris." 

"Woah, cool! so have you been to Paris?" Millie asked in amazement. 

"Uhm yes,  I was thirteen but I wanted to ask my parents if I could visit her this vacation, but I need to go with them to Bordeaux. Visiting my grandparents" 

"your family lives in France?" Mr.Partridge asked. 

"a part of my mom's side. she grew up in Marseille and then moved to Bordeaux where she studied and then later went to London and stayed there. "

the family watched her with amazement. she laughed silently. and looked at her plate

"so you can speak French?" Louis asked with a smirk. 

she looked up and stared right into Louis' eyes. 

"un peu*"

the family laughed, and they ate further. 

and then Louis broke the silence. 

"I want to pierce my ear," he said.

everyone looked up and looked at him. 

"I-what?" his mom started. 

"yes, here in my right ear" he pointed to his ear. 

ms. Partridge looked at her husband. he looked back and started:

"uh...sure. for me no problem" 

"well... okay then. Estelle, what do you think of that?" 

"me? oh well," she looked at Louis who was staring at her with a face please-help-me-get-what-i-want.