Fuming tension

Scott and Lloyd do not have a much better time. They're fighting over who's going to fry their first pancake. Scott pushes Lloyd and grabs the handle to the frying pan.

Lloyd growls and also grabs the handle. They start to pull.

"Cut it out." Scott urged him.

"No, you cut it out." Lloyd muttered. They pull too hard, and the handle snaps. It gets separated from the frying pan that hits the floor.

The two friends stare at each other. Everyone turns to them. Even Kai and Jay, making them forget their own pancake.

"You broke the handle!" Scott accused, Lloyd frowns.

"I didn't break the handle. You broke the handle."

"Guys, break it up!" Nya yelled.

"My list says nothing about arguing over pancakes." Pixal murmured. She tries to meddle, but Scott accidentally kicks her.

"Alright, that's it." Pixal said. She jumps into the fight with Nya, Lloyd, and Scott. They're rolling around on the floor in a grey cloud, making angry cat noises.

"Hands away from her." Zane angrily said. He joins them, too.

"Guys, come on." Cole said with tired eyes. Kai and Jay keep fighting over their frying pan, and Kai accidentally pushes Jay towards the oven.

Jay yelps and jumps away with his butt in fumes.

"Oh my gosh, Jay, I am so sorry! I think." Kai said with raised eyebrows.

"Please, everyone, calm down." Cole said. Kai and Scott fly into the wall as the warm frying pan Kai holds hits the floor with a thud.

Nya grabs a glass of water and pours the water all over Jay. He exhales with a relieved smile as he sits down.

Pixal shoves Lloyd aside, and he accidentally steps on Zane's foot.

"Ouch, Lloyd, that was my foot." Zane complained.

Suddenly, the fire alarm is triggered, and everyone stops fighting. Scott and Kai are lying on the floor while staring up at the others.

Kai and Jay's frying pan is burning. Everyone gasps at the big flame.

"Don't worry, I've got it!" Cole promised.

He runs up to the fire extinguisher, which is standing near the exit. He grabs it and runs but trips over Scott. Cole drops the fire extinguisher, and it flies up in the air.

A lot of white sodium bicarbonate sprays out in Pixal's face - and the flame. It gets quiet and everyone stares.

"Uh... oops." Cole said with a nervous smile.

Pixal dries her face with a towel and leaves the scene quietly. "Pix, come back!" Cole shouted. "I didn't mean to."

"Let's clean up and then go check on her." Lloyd proposed. Everyone agrees and hurries to clean the kitchen.

Scott looks down at his wrist. It was a perfect opportunity to onify someone - but he didn't take it.

Jay shows up right beside Scott with a silly smile. "Hey, Scott!"

Scott cries out and flinches. "Jay... you gave me a fright.

"What are you thinking about?" Jay wondered. "I'm just curious. It looked like you were plotting something."

"Nothing at all." Scott lied. "I mean, I'm trying to plan my day tomorrow. There are so many counsellor meetings for me."

"While the others go check on Pix, I was actually wondering if you're into games."

Scott glances at Jay. "Yeah." Scott finally said. "I'm an expert gamer." He smiled.

"So cool!" Jay exclaimed. A quiet moment. Jay scratches his hair while nervously moving his leg.

"Is there something you want?" Scott asked.

"Okay, this is going to sound weird, but I was hoping to take lessons from you." Jay told him. "I want to be a superstar with my own league in a dangerous video game."

"Me?" Scott asked. "Yes! I want to study the progress of programming games." Jay explained.

Jay hugs Scott tightly - not being aware of Scott’s depressed and tense stare.