Hunting for trust

The ninja stop in front of two huge and very old wooden doors in red on the top of a tall, dark and misty mountain.

"We're here..." The Titanium Ninja said, he gulps.

"Backing out yet?" He then asked with little hope of a yes to an answer.

"N-no, way," The Earth Ninja assured him. "I'm not scared at all."

Master of Earth slowly opens the monastery gates that give away a weird squeak sound.

The two ninja sneak into the hexagonal courtyard. A golden dragon statue in the middle of the yard spins around spookily.

"Sh-shall we?" The Titanium Ninja asked. They step up on the creaking porch.

"Yeah..." The Earth Ninja mumbled. He nods like a rigid doll. They sneak into the old building. Still, the floor is cracking, some spiders here and there and the air damp.

"Yeah, now I do want to back out." Master of Earth said.

The door behind them slams shut and the two ninja scream with closed eyes until their lungs hurt. The Earth Ninja runs up to the door to open it but it won't even budge.

"It's stuck! Oh my gosh- we're stuck!" He desperately cried out.

"Cole, chill. We shall find a way to open it, but we need to get to the library first." The Titanium Ninja said. They start to walk.

The Titanium Ninja gasps with literal stars in his eyes when they enter the round antique library.

"So many unread books, so many untold stories, and I get to read them all!"

He runs into the dark room and grabs a dusty book. He opens it to read the cursive text on the first page.

"Diary of Garmadon," The Titanium Ninja mumbled. He then squeals.

"No way! Did you know that he was the former Omega before someone from our generation took over his title?"

The Earth Ninja slowly nods. He walks up to the little wooden table in the middle of the room.

"Take your books so we can leave. There are so many spiders here." He whined. His legs also wobble.

"Ah, Cole, do not be such a wimp. I love it here."

The Titanium Ninja suddenly gets a brilliant idea.

"I know. Let's fix this place up and make it a spider free zone. We could make this our secret ninja headquarters." The Titanium Ninja enlightened.

"I like the sound of that." The Earth Ninja admitted. He thinks for himself.

"Hey... You know who I am. It's only fair if I know who you are."

The Titanium Ninja looks up at The Earth Ninja with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, you do know how to keep a secret safe. Only I and Xo know that you're the black ninja."

"Exactly. Besides, you and I are an epic duo, even though I don't know who you really are. Knowing your civilian name will only bring us two closer."

"But it could come between our studies in our civilian lives." The Titanium Ninja added.

"Ugh, when have I ever been reckless?" The earth Ninja proudly asked.

The Titanium Ninja looks at him and puts away the book. He exhales and backs a bit.

"Fine, but not a word to Samurai X or Master Wu."

Cole takes off his ninja mask and smiles warmly.

"I swear." Cole assured - while he lays a hand on his own heart. His voice is now normal, unlike when he had his ninja mask on.

"It is not polite to swear." The Titanium Ninja said with narrowed eyes.

"It's just how you say when you promise something." Cole said, he kicks away a spider. The Titanium Ninja nods. He slowly takes off his mask too. Cole is speechless.

"Wh-what? Zane?? You've been Ninjago's hero this whole time?" Cole asked. He's smiling like a fool.

"I am deeply worried. Master Wu will be so frustrated." Zane anxiously whined - civilian voice.

"Chill, Zane. He won't know, I promise." Cole guaranteed. "I'm really good at acting."

Suddenly, there's a loud bang from the other room. Zane puts on his mask with a frown. They hurry up to the hallway to investigate the noise.

"Nindroids first." Cole whispered.

"Oh, you are such a gentleman." The Titanium Ninja joked.