Wide love

"Last night was so amazing, I got to see my thirtieth oni battle. So cool! Then we watched a movie at Jay's." Nya almost squealed.

The group of friends are walking on the street towards the cafeteria as school just ended.

"Samurai X and the Titanium Ninja are awesome."  Jay agreed. Pixal leaves their side to sign some autographs and ends up behind.

"Yes, but Omega is getting more powerful every day for them, I mean. And it has only been a month." Zane informed.

"Plus, he's such a coward, using the ones we love to get what he wants." Lloyd grumbled. He attempts to make a call.

"Mr. Dyer is requesting for everyone to help everyone." Cole smiled. "This is why I've tried to stop Kai from being a big bully. I mean, we should always stand up to those who are cruel and unjust, right?"

Everyone agrees with Cole. Jay squints his eyes.

"Hey, where is Kai anyway? The last time I saw him, he was too beat to pull in my hair."

"He's at home... I think he said he'd try to calm his body down." Nya told them.

"Weird, Scott isn't answering my calls. He's been so nonverbal these past weeks," Lloyd mumbled. "Maybe he's too busy with being a counsellor since Omega probably causes so many therapy periods now." He added.

"It's called sessions." Zane corrected. Lloyd opens his mouth in a proceed to comment.

"Has he told you how he is feeling?" Nya questioned - Lloyd shakes his head slowly.

"Scott is not the only one who's been excluded." Cole said, liftinghis arm.

"Yes... Kai." Zane elucidated. They stop in the middle of the street to wait for Pixal.

"I'm worried, ever since their father passed, Kai has been self harming and picking on others to feel better." Cole awared.

"That is awful." Zane said, being genuinely dejected.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I wish we could help him." Jay admitted.

"Here's a thought. What if we buy him an ice cream anyway, to surprise him?" Zane proposed.

Everyone nods and then turns around to Pixal, who has signed a last autograph.

"People really adore you." Zane beamed at her. "As we do."

"Yeah, especially, that boy." Nya teased. Pixal looks at the boy she just took a picture with.

"That is unfortunate." Pixal told. "My heart belongs to someone already." She added.

"You are in love?" Zane mumbled. Pixal slowly nods while Jay leans towards her.

"Ooo, who's the lucky fella?"

"It's classified, literally."

"Oh, come on." Cole protested.

"Yeah, we won't judge, is it... Dareth?" Lloyd inquired.

"Is he in our class?" Nya wondered.

"See, that's the thing. I do not know." Pixal informed.

"You don't know? You met him on the internet?" Zane tries not to sound sceptical.

"Not really, it's actually, quite odd. I guess it's just something about those eyes and the way he moves." Pixal said with a romantic smile. She faces towards the sun.

The Titanium Ninja makes a volt and jumps up on a rooftop. He is about to send an arrow at The Oni when his partner gets punched up in the air. Samurai X flies over The Titanium Ninja's head and hits the wall behind him.

"Xo!"

The Titanium Ninja hurries up to the samurai, who's recovering from the fall. With a head thumping so loudly, it's hard to hear what The Titanium Ninja even says - though he is reaching out a hand.

"Samurai X, are you okay?"

Samurai X tries to interpret the muffled words.

"I'm glad you're awake. I managed to hit The Oni right in the chest with my arrow. You just have to repair the damage."

Samurai X gently takes the hand she's been offered. The Titanium Ninja helps her up and Samurai X can't get her eyes off him.

"You are amazing." She exhaled. The Titanium Ninja is flattered. "Uh, thank you. You too. I'm about to detransform. Gotta go."

The ninja proceeds to run off but is stopped by Samurai X.

"TT, wait."

"Yes, Samurai X?"

"Remember when Master Wu told us to choose our team wisely?"

"Of course, but I also have to listen to what the Tatsu Dragons want. I have that responsibility now."

Samurai X wants to say something but hesitates. The Titanium Ninja takes her hands.

"It's you and me against the world, and nothing will change that. We just need a helping hand now and then. Especially since Omega always seems to be a step ahead of us."

Samurai X is in disbelief. She speaks softly.

"I don't think Master Wu should give out the rest of the dragons."

"Even if he does, nothing will change anything between us." The Titanium Ninja assured. "What's this coming from? You're the best teammate ever, Xo." 

"Even if I'm not a ninja?"

"What sort of question is that?"

"You can be honset with me. Because I want to be a useful member of the team. I'd prefer not to be addressed as a ninja, though."

"I need you just the way you are, Xo. Besides, the holder of The Tatsu of Creation has always been a samurai."

The Titanium Ninja loosely fist bumps Samurai X in the arm. "Now, will you help me choose the holder for Kuro, The Tatsu Of Earth?"

"Yes. I think I know who'd fit perfectly."

More fights burst out in the upcoming weeks, and the lengths of the fights are different each time.

Sometimes they're short, and sometimes they're long. When a fight ends up being too hard, the Titanium Ninja must seek help from their newest member.

Samurai X's love grows stronger, but The Titanium Ninja will never know - for his heart belongs to someone else.

While Zane struggles to maintain normal conversions with Pixal, Pixal's heart beats for The Titanium Ninja.