Bleeding fire

"TT." Samurai X uttered. She walks after The Titanium Ninja - who, unlike her, stomps aggressively.

"I know that you are mad at Master Wu for not telling you everything. But confronting him in his home doesn't feel  like the best call."

They move quickly alongside the street. "I do whatever pleases me." The Titanium Ninja stated.

"But you're always the one telling me not to lead with my heart but with my head."

By that, The Titanium Ninja stops. He turns to the samurai and lets out a deep sigh.

"Fine. But I will tell Kai and Nya. They have the right to know."

"You tell Kai Smith, I tell Nya Smith. We're in this together." Samurai X declared. "See you soon, ice cream."

Samurai X leaps away up on a fancy balcony while The Titanium Ninja heads towards another building.

Cut to Kai running on the pavement - racing with Lloyd. "Try to keep up, mantis." Kai mocked.

Lloyd scoffs in amusement. "Excuse me?" He expressed. Lloyd runs up to Kai and they rush to school together. Suddenly, The Titanium Ninja lands in front of them.

Kai's eyes transition into Nya's. "There is something I have to tell you." Samurai X said. She's stopped Nya on an empty street on the way to Ninjago High School.

"Ooh!" Nya exclaimed as she picked up her phone in sync. "Let me just record this for the blog. Then you can go on."

"No." Samurai X smoothly pulls away Nya's phone. The samurai nervously chuckles. "This is best not to be recorded."

Kai and Lloyd exchange looks with a mixture of concern and eagerness. The Titanium Ninja ushers them off into an alley with him.

"How much do you know about Master Wu's past?" The Titanium Ninja wondered with caution. Lloyd and Kai want to tell over each other's mouths. However, none of them get the chance to respond.

A piece of wood behind The Titanium Ninja proceeds to fall from the building. The Titanium Ninja attempts to grab both Lloyd and Kai but fails to take Lloyd's arm.

So, Kai and The Titanium Ninja are thrown to the side while the plank hits Lloyd in the head - knocking him out.

Kai wants to help Lloyd, but The Titanium Ninja forces them to leave in order to hide from The Oni.

"What the heck, man." Kai complained. He jumps down in the sewer systems, followed by The Titanium Ninja. "You left my buddy."

"Fortunately, The Oni and Omega are only after me and Xo. Lloyd will be good. We will not."

"So why am I here??" Kai asked. He sets his arms akimbo. A short moment of silence.

"Kai Smith. We require your assistance."

The Titanium Ninja reveals the red bracelet of fire. Kai's eyes lit up when he sees his Tatsu, Hong. Then he snaps out of the dreaming.

"Wait. No, I can't. I'm not worthy." Kai countered. "What do you mean?" The Titanium Ninja asked. Kai sighs and turns around.

"Ever since I found out I could be a Ninja, I've been cocky and careless. The fame made me lose sight, and I admitted defeat." Kai revealed. "One of the many things ninja never do. It's been my dream to make you proud, but maybe I'm not caught out for the job after all. My past is ugly. Really ugly. I realise that now.

The Titanium Ninja is flattered - and truly honoured.

"Kai," Kai looks back at The Titanium Ninja. "You are The Elemental Master Of Fire. Of course you're supposed to be a Ninja. It's in your blood."

"But-" Kai mumbled. The Titanium Ninja insists that Kai accepts his Tatsu. "Sometimes people make mistakes. But it's what we do with them that counts."

Kai begins to regain confidence and self-control.

"The past is the past." He repeated. The Titanium Ninja nods repeatedly. "And I am Ninja." Kai added. "So, Ninja Go." He enthused.

Hong flies around Kai - making himself look like a flame. "All you have to do is activate me. You already know that, though. Like you know the fire." Hong smirked.

Kai reluctantly accepts the Tatsu and transforms. He feels more confident now but still seeks guidance from The Titanium Ninja.

"TT... What do I do in doubt?"

The Titanium Ninja climbs up to the sewer exit. "Remember that the obstacle isn't in front of you but inside of you."

The Titanium Ninja tosses Kai a ripped photo of Master Wu together with someone Kai knows by just the glance,

His father...

     Ray Smith.

Kai's eyes express a certain admiration. "He was just like me?" Kai asked, almost in a whisper. "A ninja?"

"No." The Titanium Ninja looks down at Kai - who finally decides to join the battle. "You're just like him." The Titanium Ninja encouraged.