Keeping up a front

Pixal is pacing in her room. She's called Scott over for a counsellor meeting to get things off her chest.

"I have been beside myself with worry." Pixal admitted. However, Scott is hardly listening and is only amazed by Pixal's divine room. He wanders around just admiring everything and anything.

"Ever since Ninja Prom, Zane has gotten more awkward. I want to help him so badly but I don't have a clue how."

"You really like him, don't you?" Scott smiled. He turns to Pixal who's sitting on her bed.

"Yes, of course. He's a really good friend."

Scott's eye twitches and Pixal sighs. "Anyhoo, I think I did something to upset him. I cannot have a proper conversation with Zane until I figure this out."

"Noted." Scott answered. Suddenly, there is knocking on the door. Pixal groans and makes her way to open it. Outside is her father - smiling warmly.

"Father," Pixal said, forcing a smile. "I'm busy." She added.

"Don't worry, I just came by to tell you that you are requested to have lunch with me and the Julien family."

Pixal's smile is long gone.

"I beg your pardon? I thought you didn't like them? Why must we have lunch with them?"

Borg is baffled. "I thought you liked them."

"I do. It's just that-"

Borg smiles again. "Then it's settled. You are required to have lunch with me and the Julien family."

He leaves while happily humming. Pixal angrily closes the door and turns to Scott. "Wow, your father is having a major personality change."

Pixal is scowling. "I think I liked him better before." She said. She looks serious now, but deep down, they both know she's joking.

Back at Julien's, Zane shares Pixal's doubts.

"Must we go? I do not feel well." Zane fibbed. Julien is preparing their gift of gratitude by the kitchen table.

"Indeed we must. This is a chance for our two families to finally evaporate all grudges and past battles."

Julien looks at Zane. "Please, do this for me." He smiled. "Besides, I thought you really liked this Pixal girl."

"I did." Zane murmured.

Borg Tower is closed for the public in order for the lunch to go smoothly.

Borg and Julien greet each other as if they were best friends but both Zane and Pixal can see through their act.

Then, they sit down by the table where Borg's staff has prepared an entire buffet. "Neatly done, I almost feel bad eating this." Julien chuckled. Zane rests his head in his hands. "Ugh, please, dad, we all know you want to dig in on those dumplings." He mumbled.

Borg strains a laughter of manner. "Isn't he so funny?"
Julien joins in on the good laugh, while Pixal and Zane awkwardly watch.

"Look closely," Borg then said. "These are freshly baked Borg Buns." He smiled. Pixal abruptly rises - making some dishes tremble. "Father, Dr. Julien, are you two stalling the lunch?" She wondered. Zane supports her.

"Because Pixal and I have both expressed disappointment in this decision but neither of you wanted to hear us out."

"What's gotten into you two?" Julien asked, being genuinely concerned. "We thought you were close at school." He added.

"We are, but some days you just don't feel like associating with anyone." Pixal said.

"We're sorry..." Borg said. "The only reason we arranged this lunch was to reconnect you two." He revealed.

"We never needed reconnecting." Zane told them. "All we really needed was," Pause. "Our fathers."

Then, everyone's phone lights up - Oni alert. Zane is reviewing both Borg and Julien. So, none of them are Omega. It's impossible. They're both here, yet someone in the city got onified.

Zane drags Julien up from the chair and leaves in a hurry. "We'll head home." Zane said. "Not because the lunch wasn't good, I mean I never tasted anything but I would assume it was good, but we have to leave - because there is an Oni - and get home."

Borg rushes after them to apologize for this inconvenience. "Wait-" He said. Pixal looks after them while Jin reveals himself.

"He's weird." Pixal whispered, referring to Zane.