Yesterday's lines 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝟸

"Who goes there?"

Zane meets Cyrus Borg on the hundredth floor. Borg looks up from his magazine. "Dr. Borg!" Zane cried out - being happily relieved.

"I was beginning to think no one was here." No response. Zane takes a deep breath. "Look, I need to find Pixal and Scott. They're the most stubborn people I know and I think they can help but we really need to find The Monaster-"

Borg throws the magazine in Zane's face. "Who are you?? How do you know my daughter and my past worker? Identify yourself right this instant."

"You are not going be too fond in who I am - and in all honesty, I'm not 100% certain who I am either - but my name is Zane Julien."

Borg gasps as if Zane had insulted him. "Hear me out. I'm Pixal's friend-"

"No daughter of mine would ever associate with a Julien. Leave Borg Tower immediately or I'll have my security do it for me."

"Dr. Borg, please, you have to believe me. Think, what have you been doing the past weeks? There is a reason you cannot recall."

"Now." Borg commanded. Zane is forced to leave - Borg is conflicted, though.

Reality makes a new adjustment and Zane falls on a rooftop and hits his back hard. His sight is blurry but he can see someone looking down at her.

"Are you okay?" The person asked - with a voice slightly echoing. "Zane?"

Zane quickly regains his sight. What he sees leaves him speechless. It's Pixal, but dressed in Samurai X's suit - except for the helmet.

"Xo??" Zane asked. He stands up with big eyes. "Haha, funny nickname, Zane. Did Cole teach you that?" Pixal asked. "And why are you dressed like that?"

Zane ignores her question.

"I told you a million times that our identities must remain a secret, Xo. But oh my ice. You are gorgeous. I mean- gorgeously awesome." Zane then gasps. "Wait, you know who I am?" He asked.

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"You wouldn't believe me even if I made an attempt to tell you. I will try because we have to fix this. You and I, we are actually two heroes. The Titanium Ninja and Samurai X. Although, our civilian identities must remain a secret. I don't know why yet but-"

Zane pauses as he notices something odd with Pixal's suit.

"Hold up, you can wear your armor without your bracelet and Jin's powers."

Pixal sets her arms akimbo. "It cannot be worse than what we've already faced, and who is Jin?" She asked.

"But, you're Samurai X, you must know Jin."

"And you must have hit your head when we rebuilt The Monastery."

"Samurai X, think. I mean, Pixal? What do others call you?"

"I do not remember." Pixal murmured for herself.

Zane starts pacing.

"This must be an alternative universe where things I know them as probably don't even exist here. But when we found the hourglass-"

Pixal gasps and takes her own forehead, making Zane turn to her abruptly. Pixal's mind is swarming with flickering flashbacks of Jin, the tome, The Monastery, the hourglass, The Titanium Ninja, and even Omega.

She gasps and looks up at Zame. "You were telling the truth. I remember everything. A villain, Omega, used that old hourglass we found."

"Omega! Offsprings! Yes. I remember, too. It started at The Monastery and that's where we have to finish it."

"Perfect!" Pixal smiled. Zane gulps. "Just one problem, I can't remember where it is."

Pixal sighs and pulls out a sarcastic tone. "Great."

"But everyone I've tried to talk to has either disappeared or refused to believe me." Zane said.

"There's gotta be someone in this realm who will believe us. Someone who listens and understands."

"Scott." Zane said. He takes Pixal to Scott's garage in the empty parking lot without really getting her consent.

"Why do you think he of all people will help?" Pixal asked.

"Just a hunch. If it's not already too late."

Zane knocks on the garage and they must wait a long time before they get any response. A tiny speaker reveals itself.

"Scott, you probably don't remember us, but we really need to talk to you about what's going on." Zane said. The doors glide up shortly after, to Zane's surprise.

"That was easier than I expected."

Zane and Pixal wander into Scott's garage. Their friend is doing research by a giant computer.

"I figured it out a while ago." Scott suddenly said, without turning to them. "What?" Pixal asked, shocked. "Someone attempted to redraw yesterday's lines with a magical hourglass - erasing events, resulting in universes colliding."

"How do you know all this?" Zane asked. "Research."

"But then you must know what danger this actually is." Pixal said. "A villain named Omega from our timeline wrongly used the hourglass during one of the biggest Oni battles we've ever been part of."

"We had to lure him to The Monastery Of Spinjitzu, and that's where we need to go now. We were hoping you'd believe us and help us locate it." Zane explained.

Scott then turns. "Omega?" He asked, almost to himself. Memories come back like a boomerang.

"Yes, you know of him?" Zane smiled. "That's one way to put it." Scott mumbled. He proceeds to search up The Monastery on his computer.

"You can't return the hourglass to its original state. You have to destroy it completely." Scott said - slowly fading. "And whoever does it risks being erased from their origin timeline."

"You're fading!" Zane exclaimed.
Zane runs towards Scott and tries to grab him. His hand goes right through Scott's arm. "One more thing..."

Scott turns to them before fading away completely. "It was nice being the hero for once."

A giant map to The Monastery is printed out.