Looped

Pixal runs to pick up her homework. She can make it back to the school before the teacher leaves.

She sees someone, Master Wu, on the other side of the street. He's struggling with something in the air that's so tiny she can't even see.

Pixal completely ignores the scene and keeps running the other way. Finally, she arrives at Borg Tower.

Cut to Pixal entering her room. She proceeds to grab her homework and run out but is stopped by a burp coming from inside her purse.

Pixal gives away a shocked gasp and immediately throws the purse away. The golden tatsu flies out with a frown.

"Now, is that any way to treat your tatsu?" Jin asked. Pixal narrows her eyes and thinks hard.

"The day we met. It must be repeating itself. This means, if I choose not to activate you now to get back to school, I won't be Samurai X. So, I will not have to deal with The Oni or The Titanium Ninja and lose my father."

Jin looks at the robot feeling lost. "Wait, how do you know about Omega and his Oni already? Did Master Wu tell you?"

"Jin, listen. You are a good friend, really. You love prawn crackers and always make me feel better." Pixal told him.

"However, I've made up my mind. I cannot be Samurai X. Tell Master Wu to choose someone else. Nya Smith, for instance."

Pixal opens her purse and reveals the bracelet. Jin opens his mouth in sync to speak. Pixal interrupts. "I will not be activating you."

Jin has figured out how Pixal already knows. Considering how well he knows his own powers - the future must have already happened.

"Master Wu never chose you. You were given an opportunity to choose yourself. And you did." Jin explained.

"Jin, I'm sorry. I renounce you."

"No-"

Jin poofs away and the bracelet loses its vibrance. Pixal hesitates for a second. Though, soon she's back to her fixed mindset and she makes her way back to school.

It takes longer than expected and when Pixal arrives at the library it's about to close. "Wait." Pixal said.

The librarian gasps and bows quickly. "Pixal Borg!" She exclaimed. "Can you sign my school book?"

"Sure..." Pixal murmured. "Tell me, why is the library closing?"

"Four students got into a tiff and knocked over some expensive books. One of them got hurt and was sent home. What a troublemaker."

"That troublemaker didn't happen to be Kai Smith, right?" Pixal asked. "Come to think of it. Yes. I remember now. Their names were so short that it almost sounded like they could be an epic quartet."

The librarian leaps in happiness when Pixal has signed and hurries away.

Later that night, Pixal is uneasy. She's staring up at the ceiling, wondering what happened at the library. Jay wouldn't tell her but she knows what happened has something to do with her being late to their reading session.

Days pass by. Pixal aces her test and she gives Zane her rose - all without Jin. She decides to call Cyrus Borg to pick her up instead of walking home to avoid bikers. The day after, she and the friends go to Skylor's noodle restaurant.

Kai and Jay proceed to start an argument when the first Oni crashes the whole thing. Everyone rushes towards the emergency exit. Pixal manages to get away and tries to transform. She then remembers that Jin is home, inactive.

Zane runs into one of the bathroom stalls to transform. "I don't understand. Why hasn't Master Wu given out the second bracelet? Why is Jin inactive?" Shiroi asked, genuinely worried.

"There is no time to waste. There are people out there who need protection." Zane said.

Cut to the warlord in the hologram - a typical oni warlord with cape and giant horns, looking at The Titanium Ninja with his narrowed eyes glowing purple.

"So you're the evil warlord attacking Ninjago? Omega?" The Titanium Ninja asked, with loud confidence.

"What's evil or not is elected by the viewer's circumstances." Short pause. "Although, you are correct on one thing. I am Omega, The Bringer Of Doom."

The Oni unexpectedly attacks Pixal and would have succeeded in hurting her badly - if The Titanium Ninja hadn't jumped in the middle and taken the fall instead.

Pixal tries to reach out but everything flickers away. The surroundings transition into a new world where Oni are running wild on the street and Omega is standing on the helicopter pad at Borg Tower.

The dull sight makes Pixal cover her mouth. Then, she sees someone who makes her relieved, Zane.

Their eyes meet but Zane quickly turns away. "The Titanium Ninja failed." Zane mumbled. Pixal frowns. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"The Titanium Ninja was supposed to save everyone, but now it's all over." Zane explained. "Omega will onify anyone who tries to retrieve the bracelets he's taken."

"Omega has Shiroi and Jin?" Pixal asked. Zane finally stops. He turns to Pixal with big eyes. "How do you know their names-?"

"Because I was Samurai X." Pixal admitted. "Jin created a time loop to give me another choice."

"And when you chose not to be Samurai X you left the ninja alone to deal with the Oni threat? It also must have resulted in some sort of altering effect."

"Yes, I have to find The Titanium Ninja." Pixal said. "Do you know where he is?"

"No." Zane flatly said. Long pause.

"Zane, I am sorry. I will fix this." Pixal promised.

"I would hope so." Zane mumbled. He leaves with a low head. Pixal sighs heavily and grabs her wrist. "Take me back, Jin." She ordered.

Nothing happens. "Can you hear me? I choose Samurai X. I choose myself."

Everything starts spinning and Samurai X is thrown back to her actual reality.

It's the day she found out Borg is gone. The Titanium Ninja has just finished off the last Oni and is waiting for her on the empty street - he is over the moon to see her.

"Took you long enough to feed your tatsu. You've got some repairing to do after the war." The Titanium Ninja told her.

Samurai X hugs the ninja tightly. "That was a wild ride." She murmured. The Titanium Ninja hugs back. "It really was." He agreed. "But it's over now."

"We should probably tell Pixal Borg what's happened and help her deal with the loss." Samurai X suggested.