S2E1 (omega)

{A/N: I'm so exited for season 2! The first chapter of the new season is a long one so get comfy. You're going to be here a while 😂 }
(6000 words)

<•>

I was on my way back from the hospital late at night when I saw a tall, curly haired boy sitting on the steps of my apartment building.

"Isaac." I called out "hey!"

Isaac looked up from his phone and smiled once he saw me walking over.

"Hi y/n."

He got up and stuffed his hands in his pockets. I noticed the bicycle that was leaned up against the railing of the steps.

"You're jackets up in my apartment. Follow me." I smiled and ushered him inside. We climbed the steps until we got to the 6th floor. I led him down the hallway until we reached door number 28. I fiddled with my keys until I found the one that unlocked the door.

Once inside, I threw my keys on the dining table. I turned to Isaac, who was marveling at my lovely apartment. It was at that moment, in the better lighting, that I saw Isaac had a black eye.

"How did you get that?" I asked, reaching out to lightly touch the skin around his eye. He flinched and stepped back. I quickly retracted my hand and put it down to my side.

"I- it's nothing." He stammered. "So.. the jacket?"

"Uh- Yeah, right. Make yourself comfortable. There's some Mac n' Cheese in the fridge I think." I walked into the next room and dug through my closet.

"So uh.. where are your parents?" Isaac called from the kitchen. I heard him shut the refrigerator door and unwrap the covered tin of Mac n' Cheese.

"Both dead." I replied bluntly. "It's just me for now"

I finally pulled out the suit jacket he had given me the night of the dance, and I walked back into the main room. Isaac had poured himself a glass of milk and put a plate of Mac n' Cheese in the microwave.

He looked up once he saw me walk in and smiled ear to ear when he saw the jacket. I draped it over one of the dining table chairs and leaned over the bar in the kitchen. Looking at Isaac.

"Thanks for keeping it safe." Isaac said. "My dad would have killed me."

"Your dad." I said thinking to myself. "Did he do that to you?" I pointed to his black eye.

"Uh.. n-no." He stuttered. I walked over and put my hands on his shoulders. Looking up into his deep blue eyes.

"Tell me the truth Isaac." I compelled. "Did your father give you that black eye?"

His eyes turned glossy and he blinked. I put a hand on his cheek and gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Yes." He whispered.

I engulfed him in a hug. Throwing my arms over his shoulders. He hesitated before clinging onto my waist. He held me tight. I could tell he hadn't been hugged in a long time.

We let go of each other and I sat him down on a bar stool. I took the one next to him and listened to him talk about how he lost his brother in combat and how ever since then, his father has taken his anger out on him. I listened to him talk for about 15 minutes before he fell silent. I put my hand on top of his and grazed his knuckles with my thumb.

<TW (abuse)>

"Hey I get it." I said to him.