Prologue

It's not like I'm swearing off the supernatural forever.

Forever is a long time for me.

I just needed a break from it all. I couldn't keep worrying about something bad happening to me or my brothers. So I left. Plain and simple. They'd be fine without me. Right?

I slipped my arms through the sleeves of my jacket and headed out my apartment. It was a nice apartment, filled with old style furniture and pictures of my past. The shell of my apartment was basically brick walls and mahogany floorboards. There was one bathroom that connected to the single bedroom.

It wasn't much, but it reminded me of my home in Mystic Falls. So it was something.

<•>

I rounded the corner and found myself at the front steps of the high school.

"Locker 117.. locker 117..." I chanted to myself.

I finally found my locker and dropped my book bag on the ground to play with the combination lock. But my bag tipped over and books spilled out from the unzipped pocket.

I groaned and left the lock to bend down and pick up my things. I heard two boys coming up to me while still in there own conversation,

"I can't believe that I didn't make first line this season."

"Uh I can! Have you seen either of us play. We suck Scott"

"Hey, I haven't seen you around before have I?"
The messy haired boy said to me. He had brown eyes and an uneven jawline, which gave him a sort of crooked smile.

"No you havent." I said, getting up off the ground.

"You must be new." He said. "I'm Scott."

"I- um.. Stiles." The scrawny, brunette boy said. He bent down and picked up a slip of blank paper I had missed.

I smiled and took the piece of paper from Stiles, "Nice to meet you two weirdos. I'm y/n" I said.

"Y/n Salvatore."

<•>