[S3E4] Unleased

"I looked everywhere." Scott said as we walked up to the cross country trail. For lacrosse players, cross country was mandatory. And for me? It was just something to do.

"It's like he just walked away." He continued. "He left his car, his dog."

"Okay." Stiles sighed. "Was he- could he have been like a virgin? Was he, y'a know virgin-al?"

"No." Scott said. "Definitely not, Deaton makes me have sex with all his clients. It's a new policy!"

I scoffed and Stiles gave him an unamused look.

Scott sighed and wiped the smile off his face. "No I don't know if he was a virgin..."

"And why are you talking like he's already dead?" I asked Stiles. "He's just missing."

"Missing and presumed dead, y/n." Stiles corrected me. "And you know who else is a virgin? Me! I'm a virgin. And you know what that means? That means that my lack of sexual experience is now literally a threat to my life, okay? I need to have sex, like right now, someone needs to have sex with me like today! Like someone needs to sex me right now!"

"Okay Stiles! Calm down." I said. "You're probably not going to get sacrificed."

"Probably!" Stiles scoffed at my lack of comfort. "What do you mean by probably?"

I rolled my eyes. "By probably I mean you got a handful of werewolves and an immortal vampire to protect you. My guess is you're better off than any one of us here."

We walked up to the track and I saw Isaac, leaning up against a tree, probably waiting for Scott. For a second, our eyes met and I shot an awkward smile in his directon. He just looked down at his sneakers and walked to the front of a group of students.

I stood next to Stiles and huffed at the blue eyed boy that had just ignored me.

"So why did you guys break up anyway?" Stiles asked, shifting his gaze between me and Isaac. Coach blew his whistle and we started running.

"I don't know anymore." I said, jogging next to Stiles. "At first I thought it was because I ignored him for four months but I just don't know now."

"Well, you loved him right?" Stiles asked.

I didn't answer, I just focused on running.

"Y/n." Stiles prodded.

"No." I said bluntly. "I didn't love him... he told me he loved me at my apartment months back when we were still dealing with Jackson and Gerard and all that BS. But I didn't say it back."

"Why not?"

I sighed. "Because I haven't loved anyone like that in a long time."

"Some people just come into your life and make you feel the way you only see in movies... and then they leave. Doesn't matter how, or why, but they do. And you just feel so empty after, like they were the only thing in life that you needed. And then they leave."

"The one thing I hate about being immortal is that eventually, everyone leaves."

I felt Stiles's eyes burning into me but I kept running.

Suddenly, Stiles and I heard a scream and we picked up our pace to the front of the group, where we saw a boy tied up against a tree.

Covered in blood.