S1E1 (1 year later)

(Pilot pt 1)
(1728 words)

*buzz*

Message from Stiles: I'm picking you up outside the hospital in 5 mins.
Message to Stiles: ok I just have to tell Scott's mom I'm leaving early then.
Message from Stiles: kk

I finished restocking my backpack with blood bags and left the storage room. Making sure my bag was fully zipped before heading out. I took an internship at the hospital for easier access to the blood. My twin brother and I don't like feeding from people. Unlike our older brother, Damon. Hadn't heard from him since he returned to Mystic Falls.

"Hey Ms. McCall! I think I'm going to go home early, I have a lot of homework to catch up on." I said, swinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"Alright sweetie. I was just about to send you home anyway. It's a school night. And it's getting pretty late." She parented.

<•>

I was texting Stefan when I heard Stiles pull up.

"What are you dragging me into Stilinski" I said skeptically, hopping into the passenger seat.

"Two joggers found a body in the wood- Whats in there? He said while pointing to the suspiciously stuffed backpack sitting in the back seat.

"Uhh, homework." I lied. I still hadn't told him or Scott that I was a vampire. It's not like they would believe me. Because nothing supernatural ever happens in this town.

"You're teachers must hate you." Stiles joked as we made our way to Scott's house

<•>

We got to the Scott's house and Stiles hopped out of the drivers seat. I don't know why but he decided to be a creep about it and got on top of the porch to try to scare Scott or something.

Scott must have heard him too because he came outside of to house holding a bat and looking really nervous. Suddenly, stiles hung off the top of the porch and he and Scott started screaming. I stifled a laugh while Scott started scolding stiles

"You weren't answering your phone! Why do you have a bat?!" Stiles said.

"I thought you were a predator!"

"A pre- I- wha- look, I know it's late but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the beacon department, and even state police..."

<•>

"Are you seriously dragging us out into the woods to look for some chicks dead body?" I asked as we all got out of the Jeep.

"Dead half of a body," Stiles corrected, "and besides. You're the one who's always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town."

"I was trying to get a good night sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott complained.

"Right because sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort"

I rolled my eyes at the two. Last time I watched them actually play lacrosse was when they were practicing at Scott's house.