[S3E18] Riddled

"If you're scared, I'm on my way.. did you run away? Did you run away, I don't need to know. If you ran away, if you ran away come back home... just come home."
-Where's My Love

<•>

<•>

"Okay, so fill me in." I said as I jiggled my keys in the deadbolt that let me inside my apartment. I picked up my phone off my shoulder and brought it to my other ear, pushing open the door.

Putting the phone on speaker, I set it down on the small dining table and walked into the kitchen, ignoring the welcoming tweets from Max, sitting happily in his cage with his supply of bird food that thankfully hadn't run out.

"They're called the Oni." Alison said through the other line. "They're looking for someone possessed, that's why that attacked on Halloween, and at Scott's house in Friday."

"So they don't want to hurt us?" I asked loudly, grabbing a blood bag from the fridge.

"Only the one who's possessed."

"Possessed by what?"

There was a pause on the other line as Alison thought of a way to explain it to me as simply as she could.

"When we went to talk to Katashi, he said that the oni were looking for a spirit that's a different type of kitsune, a nogitsune."

I furrowed my brows and walked over to the table, picking up the phone and bringing it to my ear.

"What's that?"

"Katashi said it's a spirit that feeds off of pain and strife. He said it's dangerous, I mean- he even said just let the oni kill it, no matter who it's possessing."

"Wow." I said. "So a psycho demon who gets off on inflicting pain... gotta say, that's a new one for me."

"Yep." Alison sighed. "But enough about that, how was Mystic Falls?"

"Oh it was wonderful." I said, throwing myself on the unslept bed. "Three days in my home town, spending time with both of my brothers.. that hasn't happened in almost twenty years."

"I'm glad you got to get a break from all this."

I took a sip out of the blood bag and nodded. "Me too."

"Okay well I'm gonna go... it's getting late." Alison said, letting a yawn escape from her mouth. "See you in school?"

"Yeah." I said. "Goodnight Alison."

"Goodnight y/n."

I hung up and set the phone face down on my chest. As I stared at the ceiling, my hand found it's way to the pendant Stiles got me for my birthday. I felt around the red stone and held it in my closed hand. It was probably my new favorite piece of jewelry. And I never saw myself taking it off.