[S3E3] Fireflies

*Ring ring*

*Ring ring*

*Ring ring*

*Ri-

"Hello?"

"Y/n!"

"Lydia? Are you alright? You sound terrified."

"I'm at the pools- the public pools. I found a body.."

I checked my surroundings, making sure a werewolf didn't come out of nowhere and maul me while I was on the phone.

"What do you mean you found a body?" I asked.

"It's exactly how it sounds y/n. Please just meet me here?"

"Uh.. yeah okay. Be there in a few."

"Hurry."

I hung up the phone and sighed.

Finding Cora and Boyd would have to wait.

Without another moment to think, I sped out of the preserve and off to see Lydia.

<•>

I got to the pools and saw Lydia's car in the parking lot. It was dark out but I could still make out a strawberry blonde figure standing in the pool area, entranced at the life guard tower.

"Lydia?" I called, jogging over. She turned to me and I could see she was shocked. I walked up to her and saw what she was looking at.

There was a dead body on the lifeguard tower.

"I have to call 9-1-1." Lydia said shakily. She took out her phone and dialed the three digits.

"Lydia wait." I said.

"I'm calling 9-1-1!" She snapped. The tone in her voice sounded like she did not want anyone to test her, so I let her.

I turned back to the dead teenage boy in the lifeguard tower. His brunette hair was covered in a fresh coat of blood. His neck was sliced open and there was more blood dripping down his arms and leading to a pool of blood on the concrete slabs below my feet. My nostrils burned at the familiar smell and I felt the veins under my eyes jolt with lust, before quickly fading back underneath my skin.

"Then I'm calling Stiles." I said, taking out my phone.

<•>