Chapter 16

"Alright guys, good job today. Keep working hard and practise more. I'll see all of you again tomorrow." Ms Taylor called out as the bell rung.

I headed over to the bench, wiping away beads of sweat from my forehead. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I took a long swig from my bottle as I exited the training room.

Spotting a head full of red hair, I hurried foward until I was next to Lilith. "Hey," I greeted her. She looked a little shocked to see me there. "Hi."

There was silence for a short while. "So, what Element are you?" I asked.

"Light." She showed me her Emblem. A perfectly symmetrical circle, from bright yellow fading into black. "You?"

"Ice." I showed her mine.

Reaching the Lodge, we both stepped into different elevators. We traded small smiles and waves before the doors closed simultaneously.

Ding. I stepped out of the elevator and was greeted by: "AHHHH!"

Instinctively, my hands flew up to my ears, covering them tightly. Rachel was jumping up and down excitedly next to the couch, Maddie was fiddling with her hands and looking down at them, while Aurelia flipped through TV channels with a small smirk.

"What the hell is going on here?" I had to practically scream to get their attention.

Rachel stopped jumping and beamed widely. "Ask Maddie."

She smirked mischievously while Maddie groaned, her cheeks turning red.

"What?"

"Tell her! Tell her! Tell her!" Rachel chanted excitedly in a sing-song voice.

"Uh...well...you see..." Maddie scratched the back of her neck nervously.

"Mads, if you don't do it, then I will." Rachel threatened.

"Okay okay! FlynnGreenegotmynumberandtextedme."

I looked at her confusedly. "Say what now?"

She turned even redder and took a deep breath. "Flynn Greene got my number and texted me." She whispered, embarrassed.

"Oh my gosh! A guy texted you? Without any prompting?" I swore I was just this close to fangirling.

She nodded, looking like a distant cousin of the tomato.

"Holy s- wait who's Flynn Greene?"

"Uh duh, her little crush. She's been head over heels for him since she got here." Rachel smiled angelically at Maddie.

"Oh please, you act like I'm the only one. We all know you have one too." Maddie retorted.

Now it was Rachel's turn to blush.

"Ooh really?" I was having way too much fun with this. "Who's the guy? What's his name? Spill."

"Urm...oh look at the time! Gotta go...get some...beauty sleep...bye!" She swiftly ran off and hid in her room, locking the door securely.

"Woman it's 6pm! You can run but you can't hide!" Maddie yelled after her.

I couldn't help but laugh. This is the life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Woohoo, 2 updates in a day! And plus, I HIT 500 READS! YAS! Thanks to all the lovely people who have read The Elementals. Also, major thanks to @MeCrayCray02 and @Musical_Poop for supporting and inspiring me. *Blows air kiss* Love ya guys! :D