Chapter 9

The bell rung. Immediately, everyone transformed from brain-dead zombies to over-enthusiastic camp counselors. Geez, guess even supernaturals hate school. Who wouldn't anyway...?

"Yes!" Rachel exclaimed, shooting up from her seat. She grabbed my hand just as I'd finished packing my bag,"C'mon! I have to introduce you to Maddie!"

I only had time to slide a strap on one shoulder before she was dragging me down the hallway at an alarmingly and surprisingly fast rate.

"Whoa! Rachel! Slow down there, Turbo!" I yelled after her. Her grip slid down my hand till she was grabbing my thumb. Nonetheless, she continued to pull me foward till we stopped in front of a table at the back of the cafeteria.

"Dang woman, that's one hell of a death grip you got there," I massaged my throbbing red thumb.

"Rachel, you pulled the poor girl here, didn't you?" A new voice chuckled. I looked up. Sitting in front of the table was a girl with light brown hair and emerald eyes that twinkled with amusement. A pair of headphones rested on her ears and was connected to her phone. The screen flashed 'Hurricane - The Vamps'.

"I had to! It's my way of a...warm welcome," Rachel retorted.

"Pft, more like a faster way of having a detached thumb," Maddie scoffed, pulling the headphones off and into her bag.

She shook her hair out a little and offered me a small shy smile,"I'm Madison Connor. But you can call me Maddie."

I smiled back,"Allison Lovett. I prefer Ally though."

At the side, Rachel laughed,"You guys are really alike, you know? You even have similar names! And so shyyy." She pinched Maddie's cheek while she swatted her hand away and flushed a little.

We both giggled shyly at that, laughs filling the air. I liked it. A change, and a good one for once.

I glanced at Madison's hand, where 3 white swirls were. "So you're an...?" I trailed off.

"Air," Maddie clarified.

"Oh, that's cool." I nodded.

"Wow, this is 'quiet' to the extreme. Anyways," Rachel interjected. "Let's sit down and get some lunch. I'm starving!"

We did so and chatted amongst ourselves. Maddie and Rachel were both great friends, teasing and laughing at each other. But you could clearly see their friendship which was more like a sisterly relationship. The three of us immediately hit it off and even promised to see each other after class. Not to mention every day from then on.

Little did I know, our trio was about to turn into a group of four with a new friend on the way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Heyyyyy y'all! 'TIS FINALLY DONE! CHAPTER 9 YEAH! CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP? Lol jk. Enjoy! :D