Chapter 22

^^^Holland Roden as Lilith Roberts
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel's and my eyes stayed locked, wide and frozen with fear. "Ally!" I zoned in back to reality to see Rachel racing towards me, the others following close behind.

She grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me. "Did you hear the news?" "Of course I did. How did they even find out?" "I don't know but everyone's panicking now."

Maddie looked at me, her green eyes worried. "This is bad. If they find out we exist...who knows what could happen."

I looked over at the others. All their faces were grim and anxious, even Logan, who hadn't even cracked a single joke. I had a feeling my face looked the same way.

"Let's pray they somehow don't bother to look for us. Or even better, just think nothing of it." Flynn hoped.

"They won't ever drop it. This is the biggest discovery they'll ever make. Humans are naturally curious; who knows to what lengths they'll go to in order to find us." Noah looked distressed and nervously ran his hands through his hair.

Not much was said after that, all of us consumed in our own thoughts. I traded looks with the others. What do we do now?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Students! May I have your attention please?" Principal Nicholson's voice was raised louder than it was normally in the cafeteria.

Everyone hushed down, all the small whispers disappearing. There wasn't even much chatter to begin with; everyone was just that on edge.

Principal Nicholson's usually refined appearance was gone - her hair in a mess, strands sticking out everywhere, her clothes crumpled and wrinkled and her eyes wild with worry and fear.

"I know everyone here is panicking over the news report. Now, we aren't sure that they actually found evidence to prove our existence. Let's not jump to conclusions and worry so much. We'll see what the report says later this evening. Now, lessons are cancelled, you are welcome to go back to The Lodge and get some rest." Her voice was so soothing, so calming, that I wanted to forget all my worries and just go home and take a nap.

"She's right, leggo then." Lily suddenly popped out of nowhere and started pulling on my arm.

I shot her a da hell? look. "When did you get here?"

"Since the beginning of Principal Nicholson's talk. Now come on; we'd best get some rest."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Guys, it's 5.40! Someone turn on the TV!" Maddie yelled from the kitchen.

Aurelia was lounging leisurely on the couch. "Already there." She waved the remote around in her hand.

I was about to join her when there was a knock on the door. I raised my eyebrows in curiosity and opened it. I was greeted with the faces of Noah, Logan, Flynn, Daniel and Lily. "Hey, can we watch the mews report from your apartment?" Logan was already going in.

"Uh...sure?" It came out more like a question.

Noah shrugged and pointed at Flynn. "His idea, not mine."

"And why did you want to suddenly wanna come here?" I had a feeling I knew why, making a small smirk appear on my face

"Uh...because...all for one and one for all...?" Flynn tried.

"A+ for effort, but you obviously had another goal in mind."

"He came for Maddie, duh. What else?" Lily said. Seeing the look on my face, she added, "Before you ask, I bumped into them in the hallway and they asked me to come as well."

"Wow, in a time like this, you still have an urge to see Maddie. You are so whipped." I laughed at Flynn cheekily, making him go red.

I then nodded. "But okay, come on in then." I checked the clock on the wall. 5.50. "We have 10 minutes to decide if we're lucky enough to be undiscovered or doomed for the rest of our lives."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I felt that this chapter was kinda weird and unneeded...:/ Oh well.