Chapter 26

^^^Tyler Posey as Logan Philips

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"What the fu-"

Teachers marched in through the open doors. They were equally as robotic as the students, with stoic faces and unmoving bodies.

"Holy. Shit." My jaw dropped.

Logan stood up abruptly, his chair falling to the floor with a loud klunk! "This-this is crazy! Just insane!"

He ranted on, his arms flailing around in the air wildly like a madman. The rest of us didn't even dare to move a muscle as we watched him complain. With a lot of choice cuss words as well.

Suddenly, something changed. Everyone came to life again and started moving. A few students blinked and went on with their conversation like nothing happened.

The teachers woke up as well. One of the teachers, a middle-aged lady with blonde hair blinked and her watery hazel eyes focused on the still ranting Logan. "Mr Philips!"

Logan froze, arms still up in the air, like a chicken trying and failing at flying. "M-Mrs Stone..."

"What on Earth are you doing?" Mrs Stone demanded. Logan turned around slowly and gulped.

"Uh...weren't you supposed to be like frozen? Ya know, robotic statues and all that shit - uh I mean shiz." He quickly amended.

Mrs Stone looked taken aback and frowned at Logan. "Are you alright, Mr Philips? Do you need to go to the infirmary and take a rest?"

"I'm fine." He protested, looking a little bit insulted that Mrs Stone basically implied that he had a mental problem.

Well, she wasn't the only one who thought that.

"You know, I suddenly really like this teacher." Rachel pointed at Mrs Stone.

Logan gave her a 'seriously?' kind of look before turning back to Mrs Stone. "I'm not kidding, don't you remember anything?"

"No and definitely nothing of the sort of what you just told me." Mrs Stone insisted.

"It's like she woke up with amnesia." Flynn frowned.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia," I sang softly under my breath. "And forget about- sorry." I was cut off by Maddie giving me a look. She patted my arm, leaning in to whisper in my ear, "I like Amnesia as much as the next person, but it's really not the time now."

I nodded, slightly embarrassed.

"Mr Philips, for the last time, I did not magically become a hypnotised robot!" Mrs Stone's sudden outburst caused all heads in the cafeteria to turn towards her.

"But-" Noah decided to step in and intervene. He grabbed Logan's arm firmly and said, "Come on Lo, nothing happened. You must have drank too much coffee again. Remember what happened last time you hallucinated?" His mouth said one thing, his eyes said another.

"Uh...I'd rather not talk about it...?" Logan played along, having known Noah long enough to know what his intentions were.

Even though he was a horrible actor.

"Exactly." Noah nodded. "Now, let's go. Wouldn't wanna hurt another penguin." He dragged Logan off before anyone else could even move.

The rest of us followed immediately without saying a word. Following the tall silhouettes of Noah and Logan, we kept walking till we reached a small little garden far away from the cafeteria.

"Penguins? Really?" Logan demanded first thing once we stopped.

"Don't judge me; I was nervous!" Noah wiped away some sweat from his brow.

"Anyways, now what?" Flynn asked.

"What happened back there was totally weird." Lily said. "Like they were being controlled by something."

Controlled...

"That's actually a pretty good theory." Maddie mused.

"Really? Controlling people?" Rachel asked skeptically.

"Why not? Technology is so advanced these days, anything is possible now. Plus, I can manipulate people's minds, remember?" Daniel pointed out.

In the far off distance, the bell rang. Lessons were starting soon. "We'd better go now." I shouldered my bag. "Can we all meet at our apartment and talk about this later? We have a lot to discuss."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hehe, I couldn't resist the 5SOS bit :P Amnesia is awesome though. This actually happens in my school so it's basically normal for me to randomly start singing.

Oh well. Enjoy the double update! Hope this makes up for 1 week of nothing!