Chapter 44

We stood in shock, staring at my mother in the rocking chair. The house, quiet before, now sounded deathly silent with the small creaking sounds from the chair.

"Why is she here? I thought she didn't want to leave the room?" Logan asked, turning his head to glance worridly at all of us.

"Heather?" Dad tentatively stepped forward. "Heather, it's me, James." He placed another timid step foward.

"Where's my daughter?" Mum's voice cut through. She completely ignored dad as she went on, "Where's Allison?"

"Ally is..." Dad trailed off and turned back to me as I quickly shook my head. "She's not here now." He looked back at her.

"Cut the crap," Her voice was firm and stern, making dad flinch slightly. "Do you think I'm stupid? I see her right there."

"Then why are you even-" I slapped my hand over Noah's mouth and glared at him, making him shut up immediately.

"Ally," My mother called and my eyes drifted back to her. "Ally, dear, come here."

What?

I turned back to face the others who returned head shakes instantly.

All except for Aurelia.

She furrowed her brows, "I think you should go." Everyone else turned from me to her, giving her incredulous stares.

"What? There isn't any harm in it. Maybe she has something that can help us. Plus, if she tries to harm you, we can stop her fast enough." Aurelia directed the last sentence at me, purple eyes meeting my blue ones.

I gave her an unsure face and she returned my indecisive look with an unwavering stare. She arched an eyebrow, as if challenging fate itself and I could literally hear her voice in my head.

"You don't know until you try."

Taking a deep breath, I dropped my hand from Noah's mouth and took a step forward, the wooden floor squeaking a bit under my shoe. "Mum? Mum, is that you?"

"Of course it's me," My mother replied simply. "Who else would it be?"

Well, I don't know, maybe some brain-washed zombie?

I frowned at her tone and her words. My real mother would never say this to me. She wouldn't ever lose patience with me so quickly.

"Mum, are you okay?" I asked, taking a few more slow steps forward. "Do you need...help?"

As I neared the rocking chair, my mother turned her head around slowly and I gasped.

Pure forest green eyes met mine, as her lips moved, "I don't need any help."

It was terrifying. I had already expected this sight, but seeing it in real life...shocked me.

Trying to shake off the goosebumps that had formed on my arms, I said, "I can help you. Just don't resist and come with me. I can help you. Come with me. Please." My voice cracked at the last word as I felt my eyes turn watery.

My mother scoffed and snapped, "Like I need you," I flinched at the annoyance in her voice. "You're just a little girl I picked at at the orphanage. Your parents abandoned you. You're lucky I had the decency to even let you live."

I took a step back, the impact of her words hitting me hard, like a stab to the chest. Blinking back tears, I turned my head to the side in order not to let anyone see the one lone tear that had fallen to my cheek.

It's not her, I reminded myself. It's not her. She's possessed. It's not her.

"Heather, that's enough," Dad ordered sternly.

It's not her.

"You stay out of this," She turned her green glare to my dad, making him clench his fists and press his lips together tightly.

"You," She turned back to me. "Come here."

I quickly wiped away the small teardrop and looked back at her in surprise. A startled 'What?' escaped my mouth involuntarily.

"Are you deaf or dumb? I said come here." She spat and I winced, walking all the way to the rocking chair, where she sat giving me an angry look.

"Lean down." She commanded. Reluctantly, I tilted my head down. Mum then grabbed my hair fiercely, harshly tugging my head down and pulling at the roots. I cried out in pain as she further dragged my head down to her chin level.

Putting her mouth next to my ear, she whispered venomously, "You were just a complete waste of my time. A useless waste of space. 17 years I spent raising you."

She pulled back slightly, so that I could see the dark glint in her completely green eyes and the sinister smirk her thin lips had shaped into. "I guess I should put a stop to that."

My mother pushed me back forcefully before kicking me hard in the chest. I crashed into the wall behind, feeling the wood paneling crumble under my weight. I groaned in pain, as my back arched with my aching bones.

Putting my hand on my forehead, trying to stop the sudden migraine, I weakly opened my blurry eyes.

My mother crossed the room in a split second and wrapped her hands around my neck tightly, cutting off my air circulation and making me choke. "It's time to end all of this once and for all."

--------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the late update :( But I'm back now :)

Slightly shorter chapter today since I kinda ran out of ideas, but hope you guys enjoy it! Read, comment and vote! <3