Chapter 25

^^^Ansel Elgort as Noah James

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning students, lessons will be suspended during fourth period. Please make your way to your respective classrooms by then. A mass medical procedure will be conducted." Principal Nicholson's voice carried clearly over the Academy.

I raised my eyebrows. A mass medical procedure? What for?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey." Rachel greeted me as I slid down into the seat next to her.

"Hi," I answered back. "What's this medical thingy about?"

"Maybe they'll bring in big-ass syringes and give us a shot." She joked.

The bell rang as more students filed in and sat down. Soon, a few people came in, pushing metal trolleys for all to see.

And the best part?

The huge syringes on display, all carefully laid out and arranged.

I whipped my head to the side and looked pointedly at Rachel. She gulped. "Okay, maybe they are."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing repeating in ny head was: God, why are you doing this to me?

I hated needles. I absolutely loathed them. Maybe I was just afraid of pain but still? Did you have to poke through my skin to get to my bloodstream? What happened to pills?

"Shit." I cursed frantically as a woman took the arm of the boy in front of me. "Shit, shit, shit, sh-"

"Hey, calm down. It's just a needle. It'll be over before you know it." Rachel said to me calmly as another woman pierced a needle through her skin.

"Oh God," My eyes widened at the sight of a man walking towards me with a syringe in hand, full of a muddy brown liquid. I watched, panicky as the brown turned to vomit green, then jet black, then back to muddy brown again. Ew. "I can't do this."

"Breathe in when the needle starts to enter your skin." Rachel suggested. "At least, that's what my dad says."

"Okay." I muttered hesitatingly. The man took my arm. "Ready?" He smiled warmly at me. Without waiting for a reply, he applied anesthetic lotion over a small area on my arm and prepared to jam the needle in.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as he was about to inject me with the strange liquid. And yet, nonetheless, ow! I felt the pain of the needle piercing my skin.

Thanks a lot, Rachel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I examined the small cotton pad on my arm for the billionth time. My arm, numb after that injection, swung around freely next to me.

Sitting down at our usual tables after grabbing our lunch, Rachel and I listened in to the conversation the others were having.

"Hey, by the way, when are the next Leaders gonna be announced?" Lily brought up the long-forgotten topic.

"Ah, the process usually takes about a week or so, so I'd say...in 3 days maybe?" Noah tapped his chin thoughfully.

"I wonder who they'll be." Maddie mused.

Something felt...different to me. Suddenly, a wave of realisation hit me and I swear, I nearly flipped over the whole table.

"Guys, do you feel that something's...off?"

The others looked around the cafeteria at my words. They turned back quickly, surprise clearly written all over their faces.

"This is weird as shit." Aurelia frowned deeply, her eyebrows knitting together.

"It's never this quiet. Heck, it's never even been quiet!" Flynn exclaimed, his brown eyes wide.

All the other supernaturals were all sitting quietly. Their eyes were on the wall and nothing else. Not a single movement, not a single word, not a single sound. Heck, even their eyes stayed perfectly still!

We were basically the only ones not acting bizarre. "What the f-" Logan got interrupted by the door. We turned around, all of us going into more shock at what we saw.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I'm so sorry that I left you all hanging for like 1 more week D:

But...

Will a double update make it up to you? :) I hope so! I'll update today.

And yeah...I realised I kinda ripped off Divergent with the injection part. Oops :P

Btw, turn to the next page after reading the author's note. Something called 'Chapter 26' is waiting for ya! ;)